Service Lead - Planning Services needed in Newbury £34.09 per hr PAYE - Reference:5191856
This role will involve:
- Play a key role in helping deliver West Berkshire’s place ambitions. Within this context and in the light of changes in the planning system, you will play a key role in delivery of our spatial policy, major development, regeneration and place making initiatives.
- To make a significant contribution towards the delivery of high quality, sustainable development and place making across the area, and to contribute towards the wider strategic policy aims and objectives, relating to both the built and natural environment and including: transport, the economy, housing and the environment (particularly net zero and carbon reduction objectives).
- To advocate, influence and promote West Berkshire’s interests in relation to the planning service at (sub-)national level(s) within public and non-public sectors.
- Ensure the timely adoption of the Development Plan and thereafter its further review(s) as necessary, including, effective joint working with adjoining authorities and other relevant bodies.
Ideally candidates will have:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Professional qualification relevant to the Directorate (e.g MSc)
- Membership of relevant professional body (e.g. CIMA, CIPD)
- Management qualification (e.g. ILM7/MBA)
This is a full time role on a temporary contract basis.
If you are interested in the role please apply on our website with your CV, alternatively you can email your CV to [email protected] quoting the reference number.
Essential Employment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Essential Employment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared.
Due to high volumes of CVs received we are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications. You will always however hear from us by phone if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
You can also follow us at Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn or via our website www.essentialemploy.co.uk.
Temporary, Full Time
- Industry Sector IT & Internet