Surveyor needed in Wells £18.59 per hr PAYE - Reference:5192245
This role will involve
- Identify works require to a void to meet Aster lettable standard.
- Undertake domestic and commercial building surveys to provide advice on matters such as construction defects, disrepair and dilapidations.
- Produce detailed reports concerning findings including options for remedial solutions with cost estimates and proposals regarding safe methods of work.
- Provide advice to colleagues regarding legislative matters such Planning and Building Regulations approval etc
- Keeping abreast of industry law and best practice and how to apply them to our operations.
- Working with and influencing colleagues in other parts of the business to achieve operational outcomes
- Managing budgets relevant to their consulting contract, ensuring that they are appropriate, and expenditure kept within budget and delivered in accordance with the Financial Regulations, Standing Orders and audit requirements taking appropriate action when variances occur.
- Ensuring that the management of major works contracts meet all required standards of performance, including audit, time, cost, quality and customer satisfaction
- Assist with the preparation of reports on supplier performance ensuring that early remedial action can be taken under the contract and if necessary, ensuring that contracts are determined in line with the authority delegated under Standing Orders
Ideally candidates will have:
- Relevant academic and/or professional qualification in Construction or Surveying.
- Experience of surveying and contract management in the social housing sector.
- Experience of monitoring works budgets c. £500k
This is a full time role on a temporary contract basis
If you are interested in the role please apply on our website with your CV, alternatively you can email your CV to [email protected] quoting the reference number.
Essential Employment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Essential Employment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared.
Due to high volumes of CVs received we are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications. You will always however hear from us by phone if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
You can also follow us at Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn or via our website www.essentialemploy.co.uk.
Temporary, Full Time
- Industry Sector Property