Highways Operative needed in Northallerton £18.00 per hr PAYE - Reference:494768
This role will involve:
- To safely carry out repairs and improvements to a variety of built environment infrastructure such as modular paving, kerb installation, bituminous macadam laying, concreting, pipe laying, hard and soft landscaping including drainage repair, excavation and shoring.
- To be aware of and have working knowledge and application of design drawings, specifications and civil engineering techniques.
- To apply safe methods of working through the use of personal protective equipment, correct manual handling, use of small plant and equipment such as excavators, roller/breaker, compaction equipment, dumpers, motorised circular saws and other highways related equipment.
Ideally candidates will have:
- Ability to use small plant equipment
- Ability to operate mini excavator
- Ensure work activities are delivered on site in accordance with the clients work specification and programme,
- Manual Handling
- Abrasive wheels
- Emergency First Aid
- Safe Dig
- Current Driving License
- CSCS card
This is a full time role on a temporary contract basis
If you are interested in the role please apply on our website with your CV, alternatively you can email your CV to [email protected] quoting the reference number.
Essential Employment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Essential Employment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared.
Due to high volumes of CVs received we are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications. You will always however hear from us by phone if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
You can also follow us at Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn or via our website www.essentialemploy.co.uk.
Temporary, Full Time
- Industry Sector Construction