LOCATION: CORK, IRELAND (FUNDED RELOCATION PACKAGE AVAILABLE)
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific, health, communications, health outcomes, health economics, public health related field
- Experience writing scientific publications.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Successful completion of writing exercise (a writing exercise is required as part of the candidate evaluation process)
The purpose of the Scientific Communications Associate, Publications role is to work with cross-functional, multidisciplinary teams to prepare scientific publications (clinical and/or health-outcomes) including and not limited to, abstracts, posters, manuscripts and presentations.
1.Content Strategy: Document Preparation, Development and Finalization/Document Management
- Effectively collect and evaluate data, information, and input from multiple sources, functions, and regions to create a cohesive content strategy for writing projects.
- Plan (including organizing/preparing outlines), write (including first-draft authoring), edit, review coordinate and complete the publication of scientific data in peer-reviewed journals and forums.
- Conduct effective document initiation via a kick-off meeting to ensure authoring team alignment and understanding.
- Ensure that key data, statements and conclusions are consistent across related documents, and that statements and conclusions are integrated, accurate, balanced and supported by appropriate data.
- Coordinate expert/scientific reviews, collate reviewer’s comments, adjust content of document as required based on internal/external input, and prepare final version.
- Exhibit flexibility in moving across development and preparation of multiple document types.
2.Project and Stakeholder management
- Lead the writing process and apply effective project management skills to ensure timely completion of high-quality scientific publication deliverables.
- Work with teams and stakeholders to ensure smooth and timely development of documents and escalate issues, as appropriate, to ensure document completion.
3.Knowledge and Skills Development
- Maintain and enhance therapeutic area knowledge including disease state and compound(s) for assigned project(s).
- Maintain and enhance scientific communication skills to align with audience needs and technology/digital evolution.
- Possess overarching view of compound, therapeutic area, and external environment (including competitors) with ability to participate effectively in publication planning, integrated planning process, and/or current awareness literature updates and reviews.
- Advanced degree (PhD, MD, PharmD, MA, MBBS) in science, health related field or other appropriate disciplines (economics, epidemiology, health administration, health services, pharmacoeconomics, statistics other relevant sciences)
- Demonstrated mastery of verbal and written English skills in the medical, scientific, health outcomes, or technical writing fields.
- Previous training and experience in disseminating results in clinical, health economics, health outcomes, health literacy, disease management, and/or population health.
- Relevant experience in clinical development, clinical trial process, health-outcomes research, or regulatory activities.
Permanent, Full Time
Additional Salary Info
- Industry Sector Health, Nursing