Revenue & Customs Digital Technology Services (RCDTS) are working alongside HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) and implementing bold plans to transform our IT and digital services. We are already one of the most digital organisations in the UK, and our aim is even more ambitious: by 2022 we will be one of the most digitally advanced tax authorities in the world.
We are using digital services and smart data to help people deal with us effectively and efficiently, but also allows us to better identify the minority who seek to avoid or evade their taxes. Our IT infrastructure is one of the largest and most dynamic in Europe and we are now one of the most digitally-advanced tax authorities in the world.
Role & Responsibilities
Senior Business Analysts understand and analyse user and business needs. They work with project /delivery professionals and scrum teams to identify, understand, analyse, and capture these needs.
You will be a key member of the team collaborating with partners throughout the full delivery lifecycle. Collaborating with the Senior Project coordinator, you will understand and analyse user/ business needs to ensure outcomes are aligned with service vision and business strategy.
Duties will include:
- Research and gathering of business requirements against those articulated for the project determining the need and value.
- Utilising process modelling and employ a range of tools and techniques to map ‘As-Is’ and To-Be’ business processes
- Supporting the creation of standards, policies, strategy, roadmaps and vision statements.
- Evaluate requirements and seeing opportunities to develop successful business requirements needed to make the transition
- Evaluate benefits analysis and identifying business-related actions that will assist with project delivery
- Engage with partners to identify and analyse user needs, ensuring all that are impacted by change are engaged.
- Coordinate the work of systems analysis to ensure business needs are translated into solutions against identified timelines
- Work with technical leads to ensure needs are translated into technical solutions.
You will have;
- A strong analytical background with experience of identifying and analysing complex business requirements for enterprise tooling using Agile principles and practices.
- The ability to engage and lead multiple partners to identify requirements, produce workflow diagrams, build user stories and produce clearly defined sets of requirements.
- Experience in analysing business processes to identify improvements, conflicts and inefficiencies and propose solutions.
- Experience of full project application / software lifecycle implementation and have ideally delivered and implemented enterprise level projects.
- Knowledge of ServiceNow or alternative IT Service Management systems and its capabilities.
- BCS or other Business Analysis Certification.
- Hold a professional registration such as MBCS / RITTech
- Understanding of Agile delivery
- ITIL foundation qualified
- ServiceNow Certifications
CVs should clearly demonstrate how the candidate meets the essential criteria stated above.
Applicants will be sifted based upon contents of the CV providing evidence of the essential criteria.
If you are successful at the sift stage, you will be invited to interview to demonstrate your suitability. Interviews will focus on your application, knowledge, experience and competence and the essential criteria required.
Sift will be held *********Due to COVID restrictions interviews will be held via Microsoft Teams.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We want to make sure no one is put at a disadvantage during our recruitment process because of a disability, condition, or impairment. To assist you with this, we will reduce or remove any barriers where possible and provide additional support where appropriate. Please see our Disability Matters: How we can support you during our selection process booklet for more details.
Applicants are encouraged to contact the recruitment manager who can forward any queries to the vacancy holder or can arrange for an informal discussion to understand the role better:
Amy Goulding – [email protected]
All applicants will need to provide proof that they have the right to work in the UK. Information on Right to Work legislation can be found at Right to Work in UK
We are committed to offering flexible working within our organisation. We will consider all requests to work part-time, flexibly or on a job-share basis. Please speak to the recruitment team or the hiring manager if you would like to discuss flexible working arrangements.
RCDTS is an office-based organisation committed to achieving the optimum work/life balance arrangements for staff. Where business requirements permit, we are fully supportive of a blend of home and office working.
A copy of the RCDTS Book of Benefits is attached to this job advert
If you are applying for a role in an office within a regional centre location or a transitional or specialist site, then the following may apply: Daily Travel Assistance will be available for this role, provided the successful applicant is a current RCDTS employee and meets the eligibility requirements outlined in the department’s Daily Travel Assistance guidance.
A reserve list may be created if suitable candidates are identified and will last for a period of 12 months.
HMRC’s Technology Sourcing Programme
HMRC faces a number of contract expiries combined with the need to re-balance control over its digital and technology capability to ensure HMRC can respond quickly and effectively to changing requirements and priorities.
This is a multi-year programme to transform how HMRC delivers and uses IT. The programme is in place to design and deliver the safe disaggregation, exit and transition of HMRC’s major IT contracts and stand-up new arrangements to deliver both IT run and change activity.
The programme will develop and implement a new technology supply chain model, protect live services, enable the department to remediate and prevent technical debt, reduce risk in our IT estate, improve cost effectiveness, provide flexibility and establish partnerships with suppliers to deliver innovation.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Public Sector & Services