Senior Accountant needed in Tower Hamlets paying £347.06 per day PAYE ref: 495375
This role is full time on a temporary basis.
- To support the Head of Pensions & Treasury in the management of the Treasury function in line with the regulatory framework for local government.
- To prepare the Treasury Management Strategy and plans that enable the costs to the client to be minimised to the degree compatible with risk appetite.
- To develop and lead the Treasury function to support capital investment and to minimise borrowing costs
- Deliver the Treasury function in line accordance with the approved policy, financial best practice, and control procedures
- To review processes around the accounting, reconciliations, and treasury investments and implement efficient solutions to problems.
- Prepare the annual treasury management strategies for presentation to the relevant Committees on an annual basis
- To ensure that policies and strategic documents are approved by the relevant Committees on an annual basis
- Ensure that there are sufficient funds to meet financial obligations
- Ensure that cash is invested in accordance with the treasury policy and investment criteria
Ideally candidates will have:
- Recognised accounting or investment qualification CIPFA, ACCA, ACA or equivalent) with significant experience post qualification experience at a senior level.
- Strong IT skills and experience of using computerised financial systems
- Strong analytical skills and a proven ability to present findings in an understandable manner, tailored to the audience
If you are interested in the role, please email your CV to [email protected] quoting the reference number.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared
Temporary, Full Time
- Industry Sector Accountancy