General Machinist (Grinding)
Salary £25,000 - £28,000 dependant on experience
Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 16:30 & Friday 08:00 - 13:30
My client is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices. They are looking to bring in a General Machinist to join their successful and dynamic team.
Scope of Role:
To carry out any of the duties listed below as and when required, consistently achieving the required high quality standards, together with any other reasonable duties requested by your supervisor to meet operational needs. Training is provided and the post holder will only be expected to carry out these duties once appropriate training has been completed.
- Must be able to work to fine tolerances and understand engineering drawings.
- Experience on Jones and Shipman Machines (Advantageous).
- Cylindrical grinding.
- Surface grinding.
- Bore grinding.
- Lathe (Advantageous).
- General bench fitting.
- Ultrasonic cleaning.
- Communicate freely on any problems or quality issues that you encounter during the performance of your duties.
- You will be required to pass on knowledge gained, and assist in the training of others within the Company.
- To undertake training in Balancing, and be able to make your own fixtures to aid work practices.
If this General Machinist role is of any interest to you, then please click and apply and we will come back to you. If you would like to hear more about the Grinding position, please contact Katie Shepherd at Orion Electrotech Recruitment.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Manufacturing