Based 2 to 3 days a week (Once Covid restrictions are eased) from our Stratford E20 Office.
Apply before 11:55 pm on Tuesday 18th January 2022.
At HMRC we are committed to creating a great place to work for all our colleagues; an inclusive and respectful environment that reflects the diversity of the society we serve.
We want to maximise the potential of everyone who chooses to work for us and we offer a range of flexible working patterns and support to make a fulfilling career at HMRC accessible to you.
Diverse perspectives and experiences are critical to our success and we welcome applications from all people from all backgrounds with the experience and skills needed to perform this role.
HMRC is the UK's tax, payments and customs authority, and we have a vital purpose: we collect the money that pays for our public services and help families and individuals with targeted financial support.
We are a small, friendly directorate at the heart of HMRC with influence over the strategic direction of a sophisticated organisation that collected £636.7bn of taxes in 2019/20.
We are responsible for strategies covering HMRC’s 5 different customer groups, compliance approach, interaction with intermediaries and International Trade. The strategies we develop and deliver are informed by, and impact the UK’s wider economic, social and wider policy. We help craft HMRC’s use of new technologies, behavioural insight, with innovative ways to deliver services to citizens and tackling organised crime.
Our team that focuses on HMRC’s approach to ensuring that our customers pay the right amount of tax. This touches on everything the department does, and our ambition is to make it easy to pay the right amount of tax and hard to get it wrong. It is important to note that everyone working in Strategies is required to be flexible in their role to meet the dynamic nature of our work.
Your work will be varied and will change as we move our strategy towards delivery. It will include several different opportunities with room to flex and adapt to both the needs of the successful applicant. At different times you will be researching and advising on policy, holding workshops, consulting colleagues and working closely with teams across the directorate to ensure all core briefings remain current and updated around our priorities. At other times you will work with colleagues on business cases crafting proposal containing innovative ways to support and show how we help customers get their taxes right and prevent them from making mistakes.
Throughout all of this you will pull together evidence from across the department to advise them on your views and gain views of fellow colleagues, including by presenting to our senior team members. As a member of the Strategies Directorate, you will also be encouraged to take an active part in the development and the corporate leadership of the Directorate.
As you do this work you will find yourself actively helping toward changing how our organisation of 60,000+ people work, challenging it to improve and adapt to the future and ensure that it can deliver its goals. This affects not just an organisation but all the customers we interact with and the whole ecosystem of tax in the UK and ensures collection of tax to fund public services.
You will be responsible for:
- Setting the scene and outlining our wider HMRC strategies and influencing by being a real ambassador to the role and our team. This will be across HMRC, wider government departments. external stakeholder partners and our customer taxpayers, ensuring they understand our vision and how we bring them along with us on our journey.
- Drafting/briefing whilst delivering advice for senior leaders and Ministers. Advice through external meetings and events, parliamentary select committees, and corporate reporting ensuring a clear, concise narrative whilst building rapport.
- Being comfortable and have experience in planning communication/engagement activities whilst articulating our key strategic messages and objectives to influence others.
- Working collaboratively across our teams to ensure all core briefings remain current and updated around our priorities.
- Providing strategic feedback on different wide-ranging issues to deliver our goals.
Strong influencing skills
- You can engage others in delivering a shared vision by communicating cohesive, concise and persuasive arguments appropriate and relevant to your audience.
- You can frame key points and issues in a narrative that will resonate across HMRC.
Strong communication skills
- You can present information (verbally, written or visually) to senior leaders with clarity and authority so that key messages are understood.
- You will also be able to think long term, being alert to opportunities and risks, seeing the bigger picture and awareness of how your work impacts on and is linked to other areas.
Strong strategic thinking skills
- You are a strategic problem solver, with the ability to make connections across multiple areas and formulate a cohesive whole from different parts.
- You are comfortable working with ambiguity and in a constantly evolving landscape.
Strong organisational skills
- You can handle a sophisticated workload whilst delivering key outputs in a changing and ambiguous landscape.
Please reach out to me if you have any questions about the role, the application form or how to apply.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Public Sector & Services