About the Role:
We are now seeking an experienced Project Manager to support our Power Division, by taking the lead on the delivery of a Framework Sub-station Contract's, the main focus of which is Civils led. The successful candidate will be based in either our Cork or Dublin Office.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Contracts Manager. This position will require the Candidate to manage all aspects of the Delivery of the project, with overall day to day responsibility for all aspects of performance of the Contract.
This position requires a high degree of technical knowledge and commercial and business acumen, as well as being comfortable in a fast-paced work environment, together with possess excellent problem solving skills, superior organisational and communication skills and the highest level of discretion and professionalism.
- Establish and promote best practice in health, safety and environmental matters in conjunction with the SHQE department.
- Overall management of project teams during construction.
- Co-ordination of constructability input during solutions identification and development phase.
- Co-ordination and allocation of construction staff to ensure the appropriate construction and installation staff are selected/appointed.
- Overall management of construction resources including Labour, Plant and Materials.
- Overall performance management of subcontractors. Liaises with Project Team to deliver programme.
- Ensure that the construction and installation teams are accountable for their performance against agreed schedules and man-hour budgets.
- Ensures that all construction and installation activities are carried out in accordance with Health and Safety Legislation.
- Ensures that all temporary and permanent construction and installation activities are carried out in accordance with agreed quality procedures.
- Interfaces with the all other functional leaders within the organisation to facilitate successful development of the project from solution stage constructability through construction, installation, commissioning and handover to the Client.
- Manage Project Costings and assist with project finance reporting.
- Site data management including daily and weekly progress reports on works completed, plant and hours.
- Identify issues and risks at the earliest opportunity and resolve or escalate issues as appropriate.
- Support Business Development, through tendering and business networking.
- Ensure our core Customer Care principles are adhered to.
Qualifications, Skills, Attributes and Experience:
- A Degree in Engineering or Construction Management
- Previous experience within the MV/HV Power sector is preferred.
- Previous experience within the Civils industry is preferred.
- Knowledge of setting out and AutoCAD software systems is an advantage
- Ability to assimilate large amounts of complex data; assessing risks and gains against business criteria to generate sound commercial answers.
- Ensures clear and appropriate goals are set; focuses well on targets; demonstrates enthusiasm and drive to consistently deliver quality in performance.
- Clear and visible leadership, with capacity to absorb responsibility and accountability whilst providing sensitive direction to others.
- Be able to work systematically within clear guidelines / set goals and strive to achieve required results consistently.
- Appreciate the time, cost and quality implications of the role.
- Ability to motivate and encourage others whilst taking the lead.
- Considered analysis of all available data to arrive at viable options and organising information to identify the key issues and plan appropriately.
- Recognises need to build individual accountability; linking needs and plans with HR strategy for their area and being actively involved in developing their team.
- Excellent Commercial knowledge and understanding.
- Strong IT skills with Microsoft Office packages.
- Ability to work independently
- Prepared to work out of office hours and occasionally on weekends, as and when required.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other