Food Safety Officer based in Peterborough and the hourly rate is £40.50 ph
This is a full time temporary contract role.
Employer Reference: HQ00022016
This role will involve:
- Inspect premises, goods, equipment, vehicles, and other items as necessary to determine compliance with legislation, licensing conditions, registrations, consents, authorisations, and certifications. Implement appropriate interventions in accordance with policies to rectify non-compliance.
- Undertake investigations into breaches of legislation, issue notices, prepare statements, and compile legal reports for use in court.
- To attend and give evidence in Court and at Tribunals and committees as required.
- Investigate complaints of regulatory breaches, accidents, or notifications of disease. To implement appropriate statutory and non-statutory interventions to address them where appropriate.
- Take samples and arrange for their testing in accordance with legislative requirements and statutory guidance.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other services, public, private, and voluntary sector organisations to maximise effectiveness and efficiency of service delivery.
- Develop and maintain a good understanding of all functions undertaken by the Division, and a high level of competence and knowledge relating to functions and legislative areas forming part of the role of the post holder.
Ideally candidates will have:
- Knowledge and understanding of current food safety, health and safety, or trading standards legislation, procedures, and practice
- Knowledge of investigatory practices including PACE, CPIA and RIPA
- Higher Certificate in Food Control
Due to high volumes of CVs received we are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications. You will always however hear from us by phone if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
If you are interested in the role please apply on our website with your CV, alternatively you can email your CV to [email protected] quoting the reference number.
Essential Employment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Essential Employment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared.
You can also follow us at Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn or via our website www.essentialemploy.co.uk
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Public Sector & Services