Building Surveyor needed in Thrapston £31,346 - £33,782 pa ref:5194958
This role will involve:
- Reporting and supplying recommendations for improvements/ maintenance requirements to properties.
- Undertaking planned and ad hoc repairs and maintenance of properties, including drawing up specifications, repairs order and contract documents for works
- Manage internal and external contractor performance to deliver those works on time, on budget and to the required standard. Effective contract administration to include: instruction, valuation, certificates, accounts and documentation.
- Inspection of works prior to acceptance and payment at practical completion and end of defects liability stages. To incorporate the production of comprehensive ‘snagging’ sheets to support or refute payment applications
- To have a good basic knowledge of building construction, ability to prepare reports and positively contribute to the preliminaries, preambles and Bills of Quantities for external contract documentation.
- Remain up to date of changes to CDM & Building regulations, IOSH and HSE Guidance.
Ideally candidates will have:
- Degree in Building Construction/Surveying.
- Good general education to GCSE level or equivalent
- Experience within the FM/construction industry.
- Full valid UK, or equivalent, driving licence
- Knowledge of CDM regulations
If you are interested in the role, please email your CV to [email protected] quoting the reference number
Essential Employment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Essential Employment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared.
Due to high volumes of CVs received we are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications. You will always however hear from us by phone if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
You can also follow us at Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn or via our website www.essentialemploy.co.uk.
Temporary, Full Time
- Industry Sector Property