Business Rates Officer needed in Camden £16.46 per hr PAYE - Reference:498184
This role will involve:
- To manage a working group consisting of approximately 2000 NDR accounts, plus any associated BID accounts through the billing, collection and recovery process. Must ensure statutory compliance to both the Recovery Policy and Camden Plan. This will involve the Officer responding to written correspondence and taking telephone calls, which requires them to have both good numeracy and grammatical skills and be logged on to our telephone system daily.
- To attend and represent the client at both the Magistrates Court and High Court on a regular basis. This will involve negotiating payment arrangements with challenging customers and giving evidence under oath where required. High Court attendance is also required for any case referrals as an expert witness, with specialised technical knowledge.
- To carry out changes to rateable values as advised by the valuation office and perform reconciliation of the rateable values and addresses with the reports provided by the valuation office, planning and the land and property gazetteer.
- Identify and progress appropriate recovery action against customers all the way through the recovery process using overdue lists and case referrals. Allocate Enforcement Agent (EAs) payments, advising EAs of direct payments and account amendments. Set and monitor SPARS (payment arrangements) and progress caseloads through to bankruptcy/liquidation route. Be able to manage insolvency caseloads in liaison with the appointed practitioners and insolvency solicitors, by also identifying and making case referrals.
- Ideally candidates will be IRRV Qualified or previous technical experience gained from having worked in a local revenues customer focused environment.
This is a full time role on a temporary contract basis working mostly from home
If you are interested in the role please apply on our website with your CV, alternatively you can email your CV to [email protected] quoting the reference number.
Essential Employment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Essential Employment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared.
Due to high volumes of CVs received we are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications. You will always however hear from us by phone if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
You can also follow us at Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn or via our website www.essentialemploy.co.uk.
Temporary, Full Time
- Industry Sector Secretarial, PAs, Administration