Printer Operator / Print Finisher
My client, a reputable business established over half a century ago, have had a successful period of growth across 2021 and are now looking to bring in an additional hire within their production department; this is an important role where around 60% of the time will be spent on print finishing and 40% on printing - you will be expected to pick up tasks in the printing area when workload/staffing levels demand it. The ideal candidate will have experience ideally obtained within a large format print facility in both a print and finishing capacity; however training will be provided if one area of knowledge is stronger than the other.
The business have recently undergone a restructure from working 5 days per week, down to 4 days per week – the working hours are Monday to Thursday 8am-5.30pm.
- Usage of various Finishing machines: Guillotine, Folding, Creasing and perforating etc. in order to complete jobs (depending on machine experience)
- Imposing and plating using Cron CTP for SM52 and B2 Presses
- Digital Printing on 3 Ricoh machines (7100, 9100 and 9200) and preparing all artwork so it is print ready using Adobe Creative Suite.
- Running “test sheets” to ensure final product is in line with customer requirements
- Reporting ordering or production issues to shift managers
- Ensuring both quality and speed of work is maintained throughout
- Ensure that jobs are completed in a timely manner in order to meet the despatch deadline
- Maintaining machines to a high standard ensuring minimum downtime
- Assisting with machine fixes and new parts as an when required
- Keeping machines and operating areas clean and tidy throughout the day
- Any other duties deemed within your skill set
- Experience using one or more of the following machines: Guillotine, Muller, MBO Folder, Stitchers, Cylinders
- Experience in setting up and running large format print machinery is desirable
- Strong work ethic
- Flexible attitude
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Excellent eye for detail
Salary / Benefits
Working hours are Monday to Thursday 8am to 5.30pm
Salary up to £24k based on experience, plus overtime, plus other benefits such as death in service, pension, long service awards, 25 days holidays (plus bank holidays), free on-site parking, fun social activities throughout the year and more.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Manufacturing