Important: All applicants must be able to obtain Security Clearance, and therefore able to confirm UK residency of a minimum of 5 years.
Working: Possible Flexible and some remote working potentials.
"Gold level accreditation for the investors in people award! A testament to the success and value throughout the company!" The company have been recognised as a fantastic business to work for and additionally value employee recognition and are proud members of the 5% club, building and developing their workforce throughout!
As a Test Development / Solutions Team Lead you will lead a team of Test Engineers in the design, delivery and support of test solutions for a wide range of products. You will be responsible for leading a team of test engineers in the delivery and support of test solutions through the product lifecycle to ensure Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost targets are met. You will work closely with key stakeholders, including Programme Managers, Heads of Engineering Projects, System Design Authorities and Manufacturing Leads to ensure alignment with business requirements.
The role will encompass team leadership, technical leadership and test solution Development .You will be the main point of contact for the co-ordination and governance of bid activity ensuring solutions proposed are in alignment with the overall test strategy roadmap, ultimately taking ownership of the test solutions within this area of the business.
- Ideally qualified to degree-level or equivalent experience in a Physics or Engineering based subject, such as; Electronics, Hardware, Computer Science, Software or Systems Engineering etc.
- Technical background in Test Solutions / Test Development Activities.
- Proven experience of team leadership, driving technical delivery alongside proactive people management to create a high-performing team environment
- A good understanding of engineering principles and experience across the lifecycle of product development and delivery
- Self-motivated with an aptitude for problem solving and decision-making within projects involving complexity and uncertainty
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with experience of delivery to a variety of internal and external stakeholders of varying levels of seniority
- Experience of work package management, cost and schedule planning and tracking, and reporting of key metrics
- Experience of strategy development and a skilled practitioner in the delivery of cost effective test solutions
- Experience of risk identification and management
- Experience in the Defence / Aerospace or safety regulated environment would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of SAP and other enterprise tools to extract key data for planning purposes
- Experience of working with Optical and RF Test Solutions
- Experience/knowledge of NI Test Systems including LabVIEW and TestStand
- Experience/knowledge of Analogue/Digital electronics
For full information, please get in touch!
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other