Semi-Skilled Operator (Temp): £10.92ph - £13.23ph DOE
*Immediate starts available!
Our client is a market leader in the design and manufacture of high-class engineered products, supplying in to various industries including oil & gas, aerospace, defence and nuclear amongst others.
Salary of a Semi-Skilled Operator:
Pay rate £10.92ph - £13.23ph depending on experience and qualifications.
Job Responsibilities of a Semi-Skilled Operator:
- Select gauge and type of sheet metal such as stainless steel, mild steel, aluminium, titanium or non-metallic material such as fibrous insulation according to product specifications.
- Layout and mark dimensions and reference on material to develop and trace patterns of product or parts or uses templates.
- Set up and operate fabricating machines such as shears, brakes, presses, forming rolls and routers, to cut, bend, block and form, or straighten materials.
- Shape metal material using jigs and fixtures.
- Trim, file, grind, deburr, buff and smooth surfaces.
- Weld, solder, bolt, rivet, screw, clip or bond component parts to assemble products
- Repair and maintain sheet metal products
- Inspect products for compliance with specifications and quality requirements.
- Reinstate the work area following engineering activities
- Perform activities to standard operating procedures, product specific
Skills & experience of a Semi-Skilled Operator:
- Must have sheet metal work experience
- Experienced operator of Treaple guillotine, folders and hand jennys, as well as pedestal drills
- Knowledge of riveting and welding
- Must show a good attitude and work ethic
- Experienced hand tool operator, including tinsnips, nibblers, hand shears, grinders/cutters, linishers and hand drills
Why Should You Apply?
- Outstanding opportunity to join a fantastic company
- Potential long term temporary contract
- Immediate start available
Theo James Recruitment specialise in Manufacturing & Engineering recruitment across the following disciplines.
- Leadership and Executive Level Appointments
- Engineering - Production, Process, Project
- Technical – Electronic, Software, System, Automation
- Design - Mechanical, Electrical, Draughtsperson, Manager
- QHSE - Inspector, Technician, Engineer, Manager
- Maintenance & Trades - Technician, Engineer, Manager
- Supply Chain & Logistics
- HR & Finance
- Customer Service & Admin
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Manufacturing
Secondary School or equivalent