The client has a role for a cost/project accountant to work alongside the finance team adopting responsibility for cost/project accounting element of our commercial activities across the 4 business steams. Reporting to the Managing Director and working/engaging closely with 4 business stream leads and project managers to accurately manage the financial accounting of jobs and projects and feeding data to the finance manager for the overall accounting function. The duties would likely include:
- Regular meetings with business stream leads and Project Managers to:
- Develop cash forecasting for projects.
- Assist with payment applications and/or invoices.
- Create WIP analysis and reports.
- Develop variation costing analysis.
- Develop WIP & job cost accounting journals for month end accounts.
- Assist project managers with margin analysis and forecasting to completion, etc.
- Compilation of Sales and Cost of Sales reports, identification of Gross Margin and indirect cost of sale analysis by business stream.
- Analyse & identify cross business stream work valuations and journal adjustments.
- Analysing individual business stream P&Ls with business stream leads and investigating variances, etc.
- Order bank remaining work analysis and forward forecasting by business stream.
- Logging order receipts.
- Setting up new projects on the accounting & SharePoint systems. Checking customer purchase orders & contract values against estimates & order acceptance. Developing budget allocations to cost codes from estimating sheets.
- Project/Job closures and final accounts.
- Work closely with Finance manager to co-ordinate job & project accounting to feed into accounting system accurately and timely to meet accounting deadlines.
- Develop job costing code structure to improve job cost reporting & analysis.
- Develop & manage estimating templates to ensure default charge rates and estimating sheet formulas are reviewed and managed.
- Raising purchase orders & logging committed costs into system.
- Stock takes.
- BOM analysis & setup for standard products.
Qualifications and experience:
- Recognised commerical/accounting/QS qualification
- industrial/construction cost experience prefarable
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other