Public sector client requires two Senior Press Officers to start ASAP within a brand new team.
1 x 3 month role, 1 x 6 month role.
Location: London or Manchester area, hybrid working, office attendance for occasional meetings only
Reporting to Head of Media and Content, Managing one L3 Press Officer
Working in the communications team, this role will play a major part in making our voice heard, and work seen by our audiences. With primary responsibility for managing the day to day running of the press office and social media channels, you will deliver a strategic and pro-active strategy that will create long-lasting partnerships and make the best use of our executive team and Board. You will also work across communications and be able to ensure the client is strategic in its approach . A confident communicator, you will have previous experience of working in a press office or newsroom and of being a credible and informed spokesperson and representative.
As part of a small team it will be essential that you have a good understanding of all parts of communications including campaigns, digital engagement, and evaluation. Everything we do makes national headlines and we need a talented, passionate and enthusiastic media professional to help us reach more people. Your work here will be broad, covering every area of our work.
You will play a key role supporting the executive team and the Board on their priorities and ensuring the delivery of a proactive approach to media relations and engagement.
This very collaborative way of working requires you to play your part to ensure: we deliver within budget and on time we have the skills and expertise we need; and we are flexible and responsive enough to support our programmes and projects.
To be fully effective in this role you will be required to demonstrate our core skills of leadership, delivery management and stakeholder engagement as well as certain knowledge, skills and experience.
Key responsibilities include:
- Media monitoring and internal reporting
- Media handling, including managing reactive enquiries and identifying opportunities to secure media coverage
- Managing media activity for major publications and announcements and advising on proactive media strategy
- Producing briefings and supporting senior spokespeople in media interviews.
- Support with proactive and reactive social media content
- Line management of one Press Officer
- On-call responsibilities.
The professional skills required for this role are set out below:Essential knowledge and skills
- Ability to embed evaluation and tracking into communication strategies, determine evaluation criteria and consider how to assess the impact of communication
- Ability to develop measurable communication objectives to support the delivery of policy
- Ability to provide strategic advice to senior leaders and to draw on the expertise of others as appropriate.
- Ability to distil complex information into simple communications
- Ability to work independently and as part of a small team.
- Proven experience as communications professional, with experience of successfully developing and implementing communications campaigns, plans and strategies
- Experience of employing digital media channels and content as an everyday part of your wider communications activity
- Experience of successfully developing and implementing communication campaigns, plans and strategies, and managing multi-disciplinary projects
- Experience of media relations, including working with national, regional and specialist press.
Previous Public sector experience may be helpful (not essential)
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other