Strategic Buyer/Senior Buyer (Sunderland) – Competitive Salary
*Join a progressive business with excellent growth plans
*A small, close-knit team with over 45 years’ experience in the business
*Opportunity to really make an impact on the growth of the business
- To work in accordance with defined Management Systems and be aware of H&S responsibilities to yourself and to others.
- Support development of Approved Vendors List (AVL), manage suppliers in terms of Pre-Qualification, on-going HSEQ performance & AVL status and ensure sourcing activities align with AVL.
- Support internal and external audits processes and execution, as required.
- Run / Manage MRP and expedite purchase orders for all requirements.
- Obtain Competitive Quotations for high value / high risk items.
- Negotiate improved prices/deliveries on existing and new agreements/orders. Supply sources, Terms, Prices and Supply Agreements:
Source and qualify new suppliers – carry out competitive sourcing/tendering projects for high value / high risk categories
Ensure continuous monitoring of lead times & delivery dates and expedite accordingly.
- Monitor purchase price movements and trends
- Constantly review processes & procedures to maximise opportunity and eliminate inefficiencies & variation.
- Assist the Supply Chain Manager to develop and document contract strategies for individual projects.
The ideal candidate
- CIPS or equivalent or studying towards.
- Also considered appropriate experience in Procurement within industry.
- Demonstrable competence & experience in Commodity Management, SRM & SQA
- MRP systems, Inventory & Expediting experience
- Machinery directives (ATEX, PED)
- International & LCC Purchasing
- Experience with MRP systems
- IT literate
- 5 years of experience in similar high industrial purchasing environment
- Willing to travel UK wide on occasion
Theo James Recruitment specialise in Manufacturing & Engineering recruitment across the following disciplines.
- Supply Chain/Logistics, Management
- Quality - Engineering, Management
- Design - Engineer, Management
- Maintenance – Technician, Engineer, Management
- Production / Process Engineering
- Health, Safety & Environmental
- Project Engineering, Management
- Leadership and Management
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Manufacturing
Less than 1 year
Secondary School or equivalent