Revenue & Customs Digital Technology Services (RCDTS) are working alongside HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) and implementing bold plans to transform our IT and digital services. We are already one of the most digital organisations in the UK, and our aim is even more ambitious: by 2022 we will be one of the most digitally advanced tax authorities in the world.
We are using digital services and smart data to help people deal with us effectively and efficiently, but also allows us to better identify the minority who seek to avoid or evade their taxes. Our IT infrastructure is one of the largest and most dynamic in Europe and we are now one of the most digitally-advanced tax authorities in the world.
You will be expected to work 12 hour shifts on a rota basis. The role will receive a 15% shift allowance. The role is also wholly office based.
- Facilitating and directing Major Incident resolution activity.
- Producing high quality communications for business and technical audiences within tight timescales.
- Challenging others to facilitate service restoration, while constantly reprioritising tasks and workload.
- Ensuring multiple tasks are handled simultaneously while the HMRC quality standards are upheld.
- Understand IT issues from a customer perspective, draw logical conclusions, make sensible suggestions meeting HMRC’s strategic direction and customers' needs whilst negotiating with suppliers.
- Taking part in post incident reviews and any residual recovery activity.
You will have experience of handling Major Incidents in a large multi-functional organisation, along with an understanding of both business and service impacts
You will also be a strong and effective leader, self-motivated, confident with working proactively and reactively, and comfortable delivering reports and briefings to Senior Leaders.
You will be a strong communicator and able to effectively set your tone immediately for both business and technical audiences,
You will have experience and understanding of:
- Positively influencing teams within a diverse/large organisation and skilled at building stakeholder relationships.
- Working highly effectively under pressure in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines.
- Producing quality communications.
- Leading multiple teams and individuals to achieve the best possible result in the quickest timeframe.
- Delivering calmly and objectively under pressure whilst still being able to facilitate and champion the major incident process, ensuring timely incident resolution.
- Strong and effective leadership in relation to the resolution of incidents, in line with business requirements.
- Experience of leading, coaching and mentoring teams
- Existing knowledge of how a business service is supported by the IT
- Service Management experience within a large organisation and meaningful experience in IT Operational Management.
- Proven dedication to IT Service Management standard methodologies, along with a track record of delivering continuous improvement in a customer centric environment.
- ITIL Foundation V3 or V4 and a fundamental understanding of the Major Incident Management function and how to apply it.
- ITIL Service Operations certification.
Your CV should clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements of the role and the essential criteria detailed above.
Applicants will be sifted based upon contents of their CV providing evidence of the requirements for the role and essential criteria.
If you are successful at the sift stage, you will be invited to interview to demonstrate your suitability. Interviews may be held via Teams due to current COVID19 situation.
Applicants are encouraged to contact the vacancy holder for an informal discussion to understand the role better:
Margaret Tron – [email protected] - Senior Major Incident Manager
If you do not already hold it, you will be required to obtain SC Clearance, and this is a condition of remaining in post. A 15% shift allowance applies to this role which is wholly office based.
All applicants will need to provide proof that they have the right to work in the UK. Information on Right to Work legislation can be found at Right to Work in UK
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. As such we encourage anybody who needs a reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process to contact the recruiter or hiring manager dealing with your application who will discuss the reasonable adjustments required with you.
We are committed to offering flexible working within our organisation. We will consider all requests to work part-time, flexibly or on a job-share basis. Please speak to the recruitment team or the hiring manager if you would like to discuss flexible working arrangements.
RCDTS is an office-based organisation committed to achieving the optimum work/life balance arrangements for staff. Where business requirements permit, we are fully supportive of a blend of home and office working.
A copy of the RCDTS Book of Benefits is attached to this job advert
If you are applying for a role in an office within a regional centre location or a transitional or specialist site, then the following may apply: Daily Travel Assistance will be available for this role, provided the successful applicant is a current RCDTS employee and meets the eligibility requirements outlined in the department’s Daily Travel Assistance guidance.
A reserve list may be created if suitable candidates are identified and will last for a period of 12 months.
HMRC’s Technology Sourcing Programme
HMRC faces a number of contract expiries combined with the need to re-balance control over its digital and technology capability to ensure HMRC can respond quickly and effectively to changing requirements and priorities.
This is a multi-year programme to transform how HMRC delivers and uses IT. The programme is in place to design and deliver the safe disaggregation, exit and transition of HMRC’s major IT contracts and stand-up new arrangements to deliver both IT run and change activity.
The programme will develop and implement a new technology supply chain model, protect live services, enable the department to remediate and prevent technical debt, reduce risk in our IT estate, improve cost effectiveness, provide flexibility and establish partnerships with suppliers to deliver innovation.
Permanent, Full Time
Additional Salary Info
Band E £50,000 +15% Shift Allowance
- Industry Sector Public Sector & Services