- To lead on the development, implementation and monitoring of traffic and transport related infrastructure projects.
- To specifically ensure the council fulfils all duties required under the GLA Act (1999) in the further development, monitoring and implementation of the Local Implementation Plan for Transport (2019-2041).
- To liaise as necessary with TfL and GLA to ensure all duties, including monitoring and reporting on financial spend, are discharged competently and in a timely manner.
- The post holder will be directly managing a Capital Works Delivery Team.
- To lead in preparing advice to senior managers and Councillors relating to matters within the team's remit.
- To actively develop effective partnerships with internal departments, notably Development Management, Planning Policy and external bodies such as TfL, GLA etc in order to ensure the objectives of the team are progressed.
- To represent the team and the Council as necessary at meetings of external bodies such as the GLA, TfL, LGA etc, and to undertake site visits as necessary.
- To maintain a good overall understanding of good engineering practices in design of traffic projects especially in urban environments and to seek and exploit opportunities for continuing professional development.
- To lead in project management, scheme development and budget control matters as required in relation to the remit of the post.
- To work effectively to deliver corporate objectives through the work of the department.
- To work as part of multi-disciplinary project teams to break down departmental barriers and ensure the delivery of transformational projects.
- To work with the Head of Service to ensure services are integrated at the point of delivery and at the strategic planning level.
- To work with key stakeholders in improving service quality and promoting creative and innovative ways of tackling local problems, ensuring services are developed which meet the needs of our community and are accessible to all users.
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other