Procurement Leader - 14 month contract - Barrow-In-Furness - £39.99ph UMB or £31.60ph PAYE (Inside IR35)
The Umbrella rate quoted above is the Gross Umbrella rate (i.e. the rate we pay to the Umbrella Company inclusive of ALL employment costs). Please note, the rate paid by the Umbrella will be less, as will a Limited Deemed rate or Agency PAYE rate. Please get in touch to discuss the rates via these different payment vehicles.
Security requirements - SC + ITAR:
This role will require the person to hold full Security Clearance (SC) prior to working onsite. You will need to obtain a BPSS check as part of this process. You must currently hold or be eligible and willing to obtain SC. In addition, this role involves direct and/or indirect access to ITAR Material which means there are restrictions on dual nationals. Therefore you must hold a British Nationality to apply for this role. If you are unsure as to whether you are eligible, please contact me to discuss.
In this role you will manage and undertake all aspects of procurement related activity to cost, quality and schedule. You will independently lead projects and work within the Corporate Procurement Policy and Process in line with business requirements and performance objectives and undertake line management responsibilities where appropriate. All activity is, in support of and, to enable the supply of products and services to support the boat build programmes and adjacent businesses.
All tasks must be performed with a right first time ethic in order to meet business-wide Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery and People principles.
- Have a clear understanding of and apply the Quality Management System documentation e.g. Policy, Process Instructions, Workmanship Standards, Risk Assessments to comply with Safety, Health and Environmental (SHE) rules and control measures.
- Lead the development, review and update of relevant systems and processes to ensure the effective delivery of activities in assigned areas.
- Leading a team, demonstrating strong and fair leadership, to maximise their potential. Provide ongoing support and contribute to the development of the team. Ensure they have access to and are competent in, the use of relevant processes and business systems. Identify opportunities for improving team performance. Ensure the adherence of direct reports to ethical guidelines and functional authority levels.
- Conduct self-verification checks within team to ensure adherence to relevant business system procedures, policies and processes. Ensure the provision and production of right first time quality information.
- Proactively identify, manage and mitigate procurement risk.
- Ensure all business systems, document management systems and data sources are kept up to date to provide a single point of truth for stakeholders.
- Build and maintain strong key relationships both internally and externally.
- Promote cross functional collaboration to ensure effective alignment of activities and deliver support and guidance to other functions as required.
- Support audit activity and lead investigation activity and the resolution of audit and investigation actions within area of responsibility.
- Support the delivery of Quality Integrated Work Team performance and Quality Maturity Matrix improvement activity.
- Plan, control and deliver assigned projects independently
- Lead Corporate Social Responsibility activities
- Broad and deep professional knowledge / understanding of Procurement principles, techniques and practices including an understanding of the impact and implications of decisions made.
- A professional qualification (e.g. Member of Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply, Quantity Surveying degree or equivalent) or suitable experience in a relevant role.
- Sound knowledge of Submarines' business process and how Procurement interfaces with the rest of the business.
- Experience of leading / mentoring / coaching others to develop and empower them.
- Solid understanding of Customer requirements.
- Excellent relationship and project management skills.
- Demonstrable financial awareness.
- A strong Continuous Improvement ethic.
- Proficient in the use of standard Microsoft packages and business systems.
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other