Job Title: Cover Supervisor/Behaviour Specialist
Key Stages: KS 3 - 4
Start Date: ASAP
Type of Role: Temporary – Long Term
Location: Blackpool, Lancashire
Vida Education are looking to appoint a number of full time Cover Supervisors or Behaviour Specialists to work in a number of secondary schools in the Blackpool area. Due to an increase in demand for cover staff, we are looking for full time candidates to cover the following roles.
- Secondary Cover Supervisor, Blackpool – 5 days a week, immediate start.
- Secondary Cover Supervisor with Inclusion, Blackpool – 5 days a week, immediate start.
- Secondary Cover Supervisor, Blackpool area – 5 days a week, immediate start.
- Secondary cover Supervisor, Fleetwood area – 5 days a week, immediate start.
These roles do require exceptional classroom management skills and are suitable for someone who has worked in a similar role with school aged children before. You do not have to have come from a school background, although that would be preferred. Support work, residential, teaching or HLTA.
You will be required to deliver pre-set work to students in a variety of subjects
In order to be considered for this post, you will need:
- High expectations of achievement and behaviour and always strive to get the best out of your students.
- Be degree qualified or equivalent.
- Excellent classroom management skills.
- Previous school-based experience is desirable.
If you feel that you are a suitable candidate for this role then please do apply now!
We want to make sure all people entering secondary schools and working as Cover Supervisors are well prepared and confident, to help with this, we offer a bespoke training course, provided free of charge, to make sure you are 'school ready'. This is ideal for anyone with no previous experience or if you have previous experience but require a refresher or are looking to enhance your existing skills.
Whether you’re new to the role or have been working in a different role within the education sector this training provides a strong basis to start you career as a Cover Supervisor.
Who may want to attend?
- The course is ideal for people who are interested in or aspiring to be appointed as a Cover Supervisor
- People who are relatively new to the role or wish to gain a better understanding of the role.
- Teaching Assistants who take classes or large groups of pupils without teacher supervisor.
- People who may wish to go into teaching and want to get a feel for secondary schools.
Our Cover Supervisor Training is recognised by many schools and other education establishments as being high quality and fully preparing learners for their role as a Cover Supervisor.
To undertake this course you must have a good standard of literacy, numeracy, communication skills and be able to take part in whole class activities. You will also need to have access to a computer, the internet and have competent ICT skills to complete the additional eLearning courses.
If you feel that you are a suitable candidate for this role then please do apply now.
Vida Education offer excellent rates of pay and take great pride in providing a quality service to candidates and schools.
We are an experienced team who specialise in placing secondary teachers, primary teachers, cover supervisors, teaching assistants and school admin and clerical staff into positions all across Lancashire.
As you are working with children, safeguarding and child welfare is paramount. An Enhanced DBS and up to date safeguarding qualifications are required for the role, this can be discussed further upon application.
We look forward to hearing from you very soon.
Temporary, Full Time
- Industry Sector Education