As a Solution Architect you will be responsible for solving business problems using technology. You will work with other teams in the digital service to understand business problems, identify viable technical solutions to those problems, support procurements, design the solution and ensure that the solution meets technical and cyber-security standards.
You will be expected to act as the technical lead on projects and programmes engaging with senior stakeholders in the rest and with specialist colleagues within the company. You will have a broad technical understanding and deep interest in the work of parliament and how all its component services come together to support the core purpose of parliament.
* Produces documented and evaluated technical options in response to business requirements (including risks, costs, implications, and opportunities).
* Acts as a technical lead in product and vendor selection providing technical evaluations of products, options and responses to tenders.
* Works with the Head of Architecture to understand company's digital and technology strategies and ensures that technical solutions are aligned with business and technology strategies.
* Undertakes investigation, analysis and documentation of company's existing architectures. Acts as a custodian of the "as-is" architecture for assigned areas of company's technology landscape.
* Participates in the investigation, evaluation, selection and documentation of new approaches, methods and technologies. Conducts research and makes recommendations and options appraisals.
* Builds strong relationships and communication channels with internal and external stakeholders. Manages technical relationships between internal and external suppliers.
* Selects appropriate design and documentation standards in consultation with colleagues and senior management and ensures that the documentation of existing architecture is maintained and accessible to all interested parties.
The above list of key responsibilities is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope and banding of the post.
Technical Solutions Architect - Contract - 550pd inside IR35
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other