Our water sector client is recruiting for a MEICA Engineer to join their Non-infrastructure project team based out of Havant.
Our client is one of the leading water companies in England and Wales, consistently being ranked first in the industry for customer service over the past 3 years and at the same time delivering the lowest customer bills, showing our commitment to continually improvement in both technology and performance to meet the needs of our customers
The Company is in the midst of implementing a number of projects related to non-infrastructure assets, as part of their AMP7 capital programme. These projects are aimed at maintaining and improving our treatment works assets to ensure continuous high standard water is supplied to customers. This work will involve the refurbishing, replacing and improving electrical, mechanical, instrumentation control and automation assets on existing clean water treatment works and distribution network implementing new technologies, and developing solutions / designs with key stakeholders & partners.
They are recruiting for a Mechanical or Electrical, Instrument, Control & Automation (EICA) Project Engineer to assist in the management of these schemes with Project Managers. Working within the Investment Department Non-Infrastructure team, you will be responsible for assisting the Project Managers to ensure the delivery of projects to the required quality, within time and to budget.
Previous experience in working within UK Water industry is preferred, either within a Water Company, consultant &/or contractor on design and build projects. More junior engineers who are looking to take the next step in their career will be considered.
- Assist Project Manager(s) as the Project Engineer with multiple projects
- Project scope(s) definition with key stakeholders
- Ensure the projects are delivered on time, within budget and desired quality standards.
- Management of key stakeholder relationships both internally & externally
- Creation of the scopes, contracts, reports & position papers, in particular Mechanical or EICA elements
- 'Day to Day' project management co-ordination tasks
- Mechanical or EICA designs, specifications and documentation reviews on behalf of the client, development of client
- Supervision of Mechanical Works or Site Electrical Works under 18th EE regulations (training will be provided if not 18th EE qualified) ,
- Managing, Supervising and Diagnosing PLC (Schneider / Allen Bradley) & Telemetry (Schneider GeoSCADA / Clear SCADA) software configuration amendments through the project life cycle.
- Commissioning of Mechanical assets or MCC's, quality and monitoring Instrumentation, control systems & shutdown protection circuity
- Quality Assurance
- General Site supervision
- Health & Safety and environment Assessments & audits
- Mechanical or Electrical / Instrument / Control / Automation Engineering back-ground
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent
- A relevant or working towards a professional qualification (e.g. I MechE, IET I-Eng or C-Eng) is desirable
- Full driving licence - you will need to undertake our driver assessment
- EUSR Water Hygiene (Blue Card)
- Excellent at working within a team environment.
- Ability to manage multiple work streams working with a range of PMs
- Excellent communicator with a track record of building trusted relationships with internal and external stakeholders, companies, contractors and suppliers.
- Pro-active approach to Health & Safety and customer service
- Able to work at all times in line with company values of excellence, respect and integrity.
- Reasonable understanding of project management, in-particular APMP methodology.
- Competitive salary up to £47k depending on experience
- Company van available depending on individual circumstances
- Competitive Company pension
- Support for professional and academic development
- Flexible working discussed at interview
- 24-28 days annual leave depending on role
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other