Working the other IT teams, such as Network Operations, Application Management, Security, the Service Desk, Strategy & Architecture and the project delivery teams to ensure close alignment and engagement in implementing major developments and enhancements within the existing IT infrastructure.
The successful engineer will be responsible for the resolution of all storage and backup related issues; through 2nd & 3rd line support, taking technical leadership for the resolution of service issues aligned to their technical capability. You must have demonstrable experience of working in a Transitional multi supplier environment within a large-scale organisation and capable of successfully challenging vendors on solution designs resulting in an improved product.
* Take responsibility for the ownership of the service advancement of their technical capability;
* Leads the engagement with the Strategy and Architecture team to understand technical direction and ensure strategic and operational alignment around support, maintenance & lifecycle management;
* Set up and own relevant IT policy and standards in line with appropriate best practice;
* Keep up-to date with the latest relevant technology, relevant standards, policies and directives;
* Liaise with internal governance and the relevant external authorities in order to ensure that we are moving towards an approved compliant infrastructure;
* Produce and maintain operations manuals/run books for the associated services for this team in line with corporate standards;
* Identifies and acts upon opportunities for continuous improvement to reduce operational risks, optimise efficiency and improve standards;
* That product road maps and any associated remediation plans are in place to address operational risks
* Dell EMC Data Protection Suite essential -Dell EMC Avamar is proven backup and recovery software that delivers secure data protection for cloud, remote offices, desktops, laptops, and data centers. Tight integration into VMware interfaces makes Avamar an ideal solution for protecting any workloads running in a VMware environment.
With Veeam Backup & Replication, you can create image-level backups of virtual, physical, cloud machines and restore from them. Technology used in the product optimizes data transfer and resource consumption, which helps to minimize storage costs and the recovery time in case of a disaster.
- * Windows 7, 10, Server 2003, 2008R2, 2012, 2016 in an enterprise environment
* MCSE qualified (preferred)
* Unix and Linux fundamentals
* Cloud Platform experience.
* Troubleshooting, Diagnostics & Event Log/Management
* Dell EMC Storage Management
* Cisco UCS
* IBM Cloud Object Storage
* VMWare including Site Recovery Manager & VRealize and ESXi
* Hyper-Converged infrastructure, physical and Cloud Platform DataCentre management
Hours: 37 hours per week
Monday to Friday - will also be required to cover on-call out of hours (remote working is currently being undertaking, and moving forward an approach to a smart/home working enviornment will certainly be available)
Salary: Up to £59,100 depending on skills and expertise -
Benefits: Up to 11% pension contribution; performance related annual bonus; 25 days holiday plus bank holidays; Perk Box (discount scheme); BUPA health cash plan
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other