As a Project Engineer within our Civil & Transmission team, you will provide technical leadership and high-quality engineering deliverables from the conceptual engineering stage through to the closeout of the project. You will work as part of a project team that works on distribution, substations, transmission, and downtown network projects.
- Design and construction supervision of overhead and underground transmission lines, underground distribution structures, and substation buildings, structures, yards, and access roads.
· Design of concrete and steel structures such as structural slabs, beams, pile foundations and steel superstructures.
· Working with internal and external stakeholders to determine the complete project scope, schedule, and interdependencies.
· Conducting site reviews to ensure construction alignment with ENMAX standards, guidelines, and requirements.
· Providing technical support to construction personnel including site inspections, review of shop drawings and requests for information, and develop engineering solutions for unexpected site conditions.
· Assessing structural condition of existing structures and provide recommendations on required repairs.
· Coordinating all design reviews between consultants, EPC Engineering, and EPC Field Execution Planning.
· Ensuring project estimates accurately reflect the project scope and risks.
· Creating, monitoring, and controlling the schedule for all Engineering activities throughout the project lifecycle.
· Managing the QA/QC and performance management of drawings and construction packages and ensure high quality construction packages are issued for construction.
· Identifying, establishing, and scheduling inspection and test plans when required and ensure inspection points are coordinated during construction.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering
- P.Eng or P.L. Eng status with The Association of Professionals in Engineering and Geoscience in Alberta (APEGA)
- 4+ years of experience with a relevant background in Structural Design and Project Engineering
- Experience with transmission lines design is considered a strong asset
- Demonstrated ability to deliver quality technical scopes, design packages, and conceptual project schedules
- High level of knowledge of applicable industry codes and standards
- Ability to conduct site reviews in confined spaces and at heights (ENMAX training provided)
- Valid Class 5 License (No More Than 6 Demerits)
· Driven to provide predictability and a high focus on customer satisfaction
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively deliver on project expectations and communicate with team members
· Enthusiastic, self-driven, and able to work independently or as a strong team player.
· Highly developed analytical and organizational skills and ability to manage a wide variety of issues and multiple project deliverables
· Excellent decision maker with demonstrated sound judgment
Location: Although this role primarily works at ENMAX Place (141 - 50th Avenue SE, Calgary, AB), for now you'll be required to work remotely.
- In order to adapt to the business impacts of Covid-19, we have changed the way we connect with our candidates. All interviews will now be done virtually as well as our on-boarding and job training will be completed remotely.
- ENMAX welcomes all qualified applicants to apply and is committed to a safe and respectful workplace. It is our aim to have a workplace which is inclusive and values safety, diversity, personal integrity, respect for individual differences, and encourages ownership and accountability for our actions.
- Two professional references will be requested.
- Education requirements for this position will be verified by a third party.
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other