As a Principal engineer you will be expected to bring a wealth of knowledge along with an open "problem solving" mind. Flexibility and strategy are key to providing our consultative services and in return we can offer autonomous working environment. Parts of the position will involved mentoring and support to the wider team as your knowledge utilised as an expert in your field.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Real-Time C++ and ADA development to high standards
- Linux application, Real-Time Multi-threaded process and HMI Application layer development experience on Linux Host & Target hardware platforms
- Understanding of the full product development lifecycle within a secure environment.
- Development of Software plans, requirements development and software verification.
- Application of relevant standards
- Integration into lifecycles using a range of lifecycle methodologies, including SCRUM.
- Experience with customer support dealing with people face to face
- Good time management skills and ability to work well under pressure
- Willingness to work within a consultancy environment that may require some UK based travel
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Performing signal processing and interfacing software into Embedded and Real-Time Environments.
- Providing a high level of expertise within Defence developing to a highly secure environment.
- Writing Test procedures and Test Scripts and performing Unit testing
- Implementing requirements changes
- Investigating and implementing problem reports and change requests
- Reviewing and re-working the design artefacts
- Customer facing
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other