Public sector client requires a Business Intelligence Data Engineer
Home based (UK) with some office (dependent on covid situation) - open to discussion
This role in the BI and GIS Team has accountability and is a subject matter expert for the architecture, design and development of the ICT BI Data Analytics Platform (which is an enterprise corporate Business Intelligence platform). The person in this role works closely with the BI Lead Data Engineer to ensure alignment in all aspects of design and service delivery.
A data engineer designs and leads the implementation of data flows to connect operational systems, data for analytics and business intelligence (BI) systems.
Working with the BI Lead Data Engineer, at this level, you will:
- recognise opportunities to re-use existing data flows
- lead the build of data streaming systems
- optimise the code to ensure processes perform optimally
- work with DBA and colleagues on database management
- ensure user requirements and data protection are at the heart of design
- develop own skills and experience while also supporting colleagues to grow in their roles.
- In depth knowledge and experience of using Business Intelligences development tools, preferably Microsoft BI suite (SSIS, SSAS, SharePoint).
- Significant experience designing star schemes within an enterprise data warehouse
- Demonstrable experience of design, implementation and management of BI projects.
- Some experience in customer engagement and requirements gathering techniques
- Substantial experience in analysis and statistical modelling techniques.
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other