Inside IR35 paying around £225 per day Umbrella
Senior Support Analysts provide a key role within the Live Services directorate. They provide high quality customer advice and technical support via telephone, email and in person, plus coaching and floor-walking. Combining strong coaching and advisory skills with excellent business and technical skills, Senior Support Analyst take responsibility and lead by example in delivering Digital Service customer advice and technical support service. They work proactively to continually improve the quality, effectiveness, and efficiency of the service they provide and services they support, and they retain specialist knowledge of particular business and technical areas.
The role requires high levels of professionalism and self-motivation, and sustained performance.
* Provides excellent, professional, frontline customer service through the provision of ICT advice and support:
- Via phone, email and tickets through the Parliamentary Digital Support Desk
- In person in the Commons and Lords Digital Service drop-in centres
- In person at users' places of work
Combines excellent business and technical knowledge to understand customers' issues and needs within the context of Parliamentary business and provides the most appropriate advice and support to customers on ICT matters.
* Proactively provides advice and information on ICT services relevant to customers' business areas, to enable them to gain enhanced benefits from their ICT; clearly communicates on updates, known errors and FAQs, using (and referring users to) relevant knowledge base articles; explains technical information to users in non-technical terms.
* Provides floor-walking, coaching and advice to help users make more effective use of their ICT products and services, and to select suitable hardware or software to meet their needs.
* Provides a highly effective interface between PDS, users and service providers, acting professionally at all times and delivering excellent customer service with a commitment to exceed expectations.
* Develops and maintains good working relationships with internal/external customers and members of staff and manages customer and technical issues with a genuine sense of urgency.
* Provides first and second line support, takes ownership, and follows agreed procedures in receiving and correctly logging, assigning and updating incidents and requests for service.
* Applies excellent analytical and technical skills to systematically troubleshoot and resolve incidents relating to hardware and software, providing workarounds where timely fixes are not possible.
* Provides support for the introduction, change and removal of services (through projects and business-as-usual) and works with the online services team to create & amend customer-facing (and internal) knowledge base and self-sufficiency material.
* Contributes actively to Continual Service Improvement, including:
- identifying trends in patterns of incidents and utilising problem management to drive down incident volumes
- identifying trends in requests, and documenting recommendations for more efficient or effective self-service / automation / request fulfilment
* Coaches less senior staff and new staff in own areas of expertise and other aspects of role to assist in their ongoing development.
* Takes responsibility for own performance and the achievement of set targets (both quantitative and qualitative).
* Will be required to undertake network patching duties in SDP's.
The above list of key responsibilities is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope and banding of the post., listening, and challenging to be the best at what we do
1st & 2nd Line Operations Experience
Knowledge of Service Desk processes and procedures, and ability to ensure they are followed correctly.
- Microsoft Windows
- Apple Mac OS
- Microsoft Office 365
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other