£41k plus annual bonus
Do you have knowledge of public sector procurement?
If the answer is yes, we want to hear from you.
An exciting opportunity has arisen in a great place to work
The organisation is a Great Places to Work Certified Organisation
The company offers agile and flexible working patterns and has an extensive staff development programme.
The ideal candidate will have experience of end to end procurement, including experience of managing tendering processes, and meeting UK regulations for public sector procurement. CIPS membership is desirable but candidates that are working towards CIPS or can demonstrate suitable alternative qualifications and/or experience are more than welcome.
Day to Day Duties
To take prime responsibility for carrying out a variety of procurement activities for our clients (as agreed with the client and the Procurement Manager) and that effective professional dialogue is maintained with the client in relation to the following activities:
• Research, analysis and reviewing of client non pay expenditure;
• Providing full procurement activity reports;
• Identifying, delivering and securing savings across a wide range of spend categories;
• Obtaining, compiling and keeping various data up to date to inform our clients of procurement
• Exploration of the clients current spend with subsequent benchmarking and market testing activity to consider alternative suppliers and where appropriate drafting reports which recommend changes to achieve savings;
• Review of the client’s current written procurement procedures and regulations including
• recommendations as to any changes that should be made;
• Drafting of policy and procedure notes in relation to procurement and value for money;
• To prepare all necessary paperwork for tenders and Requests for Quotation,
• including realistic timetables that comply with regulations (OJEU/UK PCR and clients own financial regulations);
• Project manage all procurement activities against agreed timetables, alerting the Regional Procurement Manager and Directors (where necessary) and the client, of any potential difficulties and delays;
• Keeping records of savings performance vs. reported targets;
• Ensuring that the client’s workplan and contract data is kept current and up to date;
• Drafting monthly and termly progress reports.
Interested? Send your CV to [email protected]
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Finance