We currently have an exciting opportunity for a motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our Defence Munitions team as a Supply Chain Administrator, here at DE&S. Defence Munitions receive, store, maintain and issue a wide range of munitions used by the UK armed forces to train, protect, and serve all over the world!
Our Defence Munitions staff work closely with DE&S Delivery Teams and front-line commands to ensure our troops have the right items at the right time. We work as an important part of the wider MOD establishment that supports, procures and supplies our troops, providing them with a range of munitions from bullets, shells, and flares up to and including and complex weapons such as high-calibre ammunition and guided or targeted weapons.
As a Supply Chain Administrator, you work as part of the Central Demand Cell team and will be supporting the delivery of supply chain activities through the accurate and on-time delivery of item data management and inventory (stock) management. In this exciting role, you will effectively utilise various logistics information systems and will also be primarily responsible for the accurate processing of receipt, issue, and internal redistribution tasks to Defence Munitions sites through our IT systems. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with others, provide suggestions for solutions to problems and deliver a range of time-sensitive outputs that support your customers front-line commands and/or project teams and thereby contributing to the efficient and effective functioning of the munitions supply chain.
We are keen to support you in continuing your professional development within this sector and will provide training where necessary.
As a Supply Chain Administrator, your main responsibilities will be:
* Manage and monitor inventory levels to inform the forecasting of demands
* Communicate effectively with both internal and external stakeholders
* Process, manage and authorise demands on the system in a timely and accurate manner
* Update and maintain item and data records accurately to ensure process compliance and operational efficiency
* Comply with appropriate policy and safety requirements at all times
* Escalate any complex issues to senior colleagues and suggest areas for improvement where necessary
* Monitor deliveries and dues in and hasten where necessary to ensure inventory is kept at required levels
* Contributing to development include proposing and implementing improvements to current working methods
* Engage with internal and external stakeholders effectively
What you will be assessed against
To be successful with your application you must demonstrate that you meet the following essential criteria:
* Proficient in the use of IT and have a good understanding of Microsoft Office tools
* Strong stakeholder / customer engagement at all levels
* Good analytical skills with the ability to use data to inform decision makers
* Organisational skills with the ability to work to tight timescales
It will also benefit your application if you are able to demonstrate the following desirable criteria:
* Previous experience within a supply chain based environment or similar
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other