A small SEN school in Wandsworth is looking for a Special Needs Teaching Assistant / Learning Support Assistant. As a Special Needs Teaching Assistant / Learning Support Assistant you will be helping the class teacher deliver tailored lessons to pupils with social, emotional and mental health (SEMH) needs and associated learning difficulties such as challenging behaviour, communication barriers and global delay (GD). Some pupils in your class may have come from traumatic backgrounds, so they will be very receptive to a calm and patient Special Needs Teaching Assistant / Learning Support Assistant.
- £85-£95 per day (dependent on experience and qualifications)
- Long-term, full-time
- Can interview/trial and start immediately
- Opportunity for personal and professional development
The successful Special Needs Teaching Assistant / Learning Support Assistant will have:
- A calm, patient and empathetic manner in providing the best care
- SEN experience, especially with social emotional and mental health (SEMH), behaviour, speech language and communication (SLCN) and global delay (GD)
- A valid DBS / police check
If this sounds like you, please apply with your CV today!
COVID-19 Notice - We will not be interviewing candidates face-to-face; we will instead be interviewing via video link where possible or speaking via phone call. Vetting procedures will be carried out online.
UCM Education specialises in placing teachers and support staff in schools and nurseries throughout the UK. Due to the number of applications we receive for job posts, we cannot contact all unsuccessful applicants. We are an Equal Opportunities employer. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment
Temporary, Full Time
- Industry Sector Education
Less than 1 year