- To assist the Traffic & Transport section in delivering on its targets under the Local Implementation Plan or subsequent strategies.
- To work as part of multi-disciplinary project teams to break down departmental barriers and ensure the delivery of transformational projects.
- To promote a philosophy of putting service user needs first at every opportunity and to put in place arrangements that work to action this.
- To work with key stakeholders in improving service quality and promoting creative and innovative ways of tackling local problems, ensuring services are developed which meet the needs of our community and are accessible to all users.
- To raise performance by contributing to a culture of continuous improvement.
- To provide professional advice to Councillors and other officers on relevant areas of service delivery, ensuring compliance with the Council's standing orders.
- To take active steps to contribute to the achievement of all the Council's priorities.
- To participate in the Council's emergency planning and responses to emergency situations when required to do so.
- Responsible for investigating parking related matters and enquires and for developing appropriate and innovative solutions in accordance with the Council's adopted transportation, parking and environmental policies, providing appropriate high quality advice and responses to enquires to the public, external organisations, Members and Council officers within appropriate deadlines.
- As project leader, progress schemes from concept, through design, consultation and implementation, according to departmental/corporate protocols/procedures and relevant codes of practice, technical standards and legislation.
- Draw concept and engineering designs, at an appropriate level of detail, at each stage of a project for peer review and public consultation where appropriate.
- Prepare and present reports at committee meetings and other public forums and provide timely and high quality advice and responses to enquiries and complaints from members of the public, external organisations, councillors and council officers within appropriate deadlines.
- At all times carry out duties and responsibility with due regard to the Council's Health and Safety policies, and ensure complicity with provisions under the Construction Design and Management (CDM) Regulations 2015 or any subsequent legislation
- Manage the process of public (informal) consultation and statutory consultation in line with stipulations of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and any other relevant primary legislation and statutory guidance. To ensure the implementation of schemes is in accordance with the required guidance, notably the Traffic Signs Regulation and General Directions (TSRGD).
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other