Senior Systems Engineer - permanent opportunity with remote working - 60k - 80k + benefits package
Fantastic opportunity within a rapidly growing organisation for an Senior/Principal systems engineer to develop and maintain a portfolio of Highly Available, Business Critical Linux based servers & applications, in both bare metal and virtualized environments. You will be the Systems / Linux SME and be involved in elements of both design and implementations as the organisation move over to cloud based systems.
- Implement, administer and support an array of Linux based servers.
- Install and administer complex 3rd party software and internal tools.
- Re-engineer any existing standalone solutions to be highly available.
- Ensure smooth operation of business critical systems.
- Apply security patches and updates to the operating system & applications.
- Own & deliver systems related projects.
- Manage & Secure Database Clusters.
- Setup & Manage VPNs and user profiles.
- Develop and maintain a consistent and scalable systems security posture based on best practices.
- Adhoc out of hours support for Service impacting failures.
- Create support and maintenance documentation for infrastructure and systems.
- Integrate and standardise the existing systems.
- Deploy & maintain cloud based systems & applications. (Residing in AWS or similar)
- Deploy robust backups & disaster recovery mechanisms.
- Troubleshoot and resolve application level security issues.
- Troubleshoot any systems related issue.
- Demonstrable experience in installing, maintaining and working with Linux (Ideally Redhat/Centos) & Databases (mariadb,postgresql etc.).
- Experience with configuration management applications like PUPPET (or similar) is a MUST.
- Good working knowledge of Python and/or Ansible.
- Experience with creating and maintaining high availability clusters.
- Experience with Patching & Reporting of Linux based Systems.
- Solid understanding of security best practices and the means to implement them.
- Understanding of basic Network protocols & similar knowledge (IP Addressing, VLANs, DNS & DHCP)
- Experience working with cloud based infrastructure (AWS EC2 Instances etc)
- Experience working with VPNs, IP Tables & other security methodologies
This is a really exciting opportunity for someone to make a real impact on an expanding business, working in high profile projects and new technologies. Salary range on offer is between 60k - 80k + great benefits depending on your level of experience
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other