Senior Civil Engineer (roads and drainage) - Up to £48k - Sevenoaks
Our client are a medium sized Multi-disciplinary Consultancy who are based in Sevenoaks, Kent and have been established for nearly thirty-five years. They seek to maximise the potential of every project, minimise the use of resources and help to create structures and environments that are efficient, durable and enjoyable. Their award-winning work ranges from small-scale refurbishment and extension to large-scale new build in all areas from residential, education, healthcare and arts to commercial, sports, infrastructure and ports.
They pride themselves on have particularly strong staff retention, with a number of staff joined them at the start of their career and worked their way up to a leadership position. They are a ICE approved Consultancy and have ICE professionals working with them who help mentor and guide their junior staff towards Chartereship. The training and support they can offer makes this a excellent employer to help steer your career forward.
As a member of the Infrastructure team you will be working with a range of engineering specialists across a challenging array of projects. Your role will include:
- Detailed designing of roads, junctions and foul and surface water drainage systems, modelling cut and fill works and co-ordination of infrastructure works
- Liaison with clients and other professionals and attending meetings when necessary
- Ability to prepare and lodge S104, S106, S185 applications
- Ability to prepare and lodge S278 applications
- Prior experience of Contract Administration on infrastructure related projects
Qualifications / Experience:
- Degree in Civil Engineering - BEng, or relevant discipline
- A Member of a relevant professional institution.
- Experience 2-5 years in a multi-disciplinary practice.
- Knowledge of S278, S38 and other highway agreements.
- Knowledge of S104, 106, 185 and other drainage agreements.
- Knowledge of SuDS NPPF London Plan and LLFA
- Working knowledge of WinDes/MicroDrainage and AutoCAD are essential. Experience of Civils3D would certainly be considered advantagous.
Working conditions / environment:
- Based in Sevenoaks you will be joining a ten strong Civils team who work on a broad range of project. With specialisms include buildings, heritage engineering, infrastructure engineering, marine projects, pre-planning advice and temporary works this presents a really exciting chance to progress your career.
- They provide a training system approved by the ICE and encourage staff to achieve professional recognition by the Institution.
- Are proud of their high staff retention rates which speak volumes in todays market
How to Apply or for more Information:
3 simple ways to apply or get in touch:
- Apply directly online via the Matchtech website
- Call Chris Jones directly on 01489 873422
- Email your CV
Matchtech are the largest and leading Highways and Transportation Recruitment Company in the UK.
If you have the correct experience for this type of position but this specific role is not quite right for you, as the level, location or rates etc. is it not quite what you are looking for a present, please still feel free to get in touch with me as I continually recruit similar roles to the one above at all levels across the UK.
Alternatively if are not suitable for this role but still work within the Highways and Transportation industry and believe you will be looking for a new role in the future please give me a call for a confidential chat regarding your employment status.
To apply for these roles, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other