As a Systems Engineer you will have the opportunity to help deliver a broad range of complex and challenging technical programmes within a dynamic and rewarding environment. You will be working closely alongside our defence clients to ensure that innovative and effective solutions are developed for the UK armed forces.
This is a customer-facing role; therefore, we are looking for individuals who have the appropriate technical knowledge and who are able to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels and act as a trusted advisor to our clients.
You will be a key participant in the design and delivery of a variety of strategic programmes and business critical initiatives and will be part of large scale engagements where change and evolution of services contribute to this fascinating, and demanding environment.
Areas of Responsibility / Tasks
- Working as technical lead / design authority of a team to research, design, implement and support a range of products and delivered solutions
- Support generation of applications for new and continued product investment, in line with a product roadmap
- Applying and adapting your system design skills between specific areas of business challenge or opportunity, spanning a range of existing and emerging technologies including (but not limited to) electronic warfare, RF cyber, applications, middleware and radio bearers
- Technical decision making and problem solving, direction of engineering teams
- Technical bid leadership
- Validation & Verification planning as necessary to derisk end delivery.
- Planning and executing domestic and overseas system installations and integrations
- Engage with relevant stakeholders to establish consensus on viability of solution options and the associated benefits and risks
The ideal candidate will be degree qualified in a related subject or have the equivalent experience in relevant engineering, scientific or technical-based discipline.
Skills & Experience:
- Practical electronics experience in hardware firmware and software, working with high speed ADCs and RF
- Experience in a production environment designing and maintaining production manufacture and test fixtures
- Product qualification and safety
- Practical experience with working with civil contractors for building works and customisations to suit system installation
- Chairing formal design lifecycle reviews
- Requirements elicitation & management, V-model management
- Configuration management & baseline development through lifecycle
- Knowledge and understanding of Electronic Warfare and both Military and Civil Communications Systems
- We're open to individuals who have the right skills in an adjacent domain, for example installation of comms systems or radars
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other