The Weapons Integration (WI) Senior Engineer (Grade E) shall have a minimum of 3 to 5 years' experience in Weapon Integration (or related discipline) and report direct to a Team Leader (Grade F) or above with minimal supervision with the skills to manage a maximum of two direct reports at either the same grade or lower.
The role requires an engineer with the ability to gather and exchange factual technical information, responding to technical enquiries, providing technical explanations, providing advice and technical discussions on a daily basis, possess good written and communication skills and be able to manage a small team of direct report engineers if required.
A WI Senior Engineer will be required to regular report their personal & work related progress to their supervisor in line with business and operational reporting requirements and participate in own Management of Performance reviews.
The successful candidate will be required to perform tasks suitable to the internal level of this role. The role will contain, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Writing requirements for weapon integration, qualification, interface or testing
* Assessing, accepting and challenging supplier documents
* Managing weapon test vehicle assets
* Managing & supporting rig, aircraft ground and flight testing of particular weaons/stores.
* Writing loading and arming schedules
* Producing equipment Declarations of Design & Performance (G-DDP)
* Producing safety assessments for the weapon in the platform environment
* Answering customer technical queries
* Producing weapon qualification statements
* Meeting with customers and suppliers
* Ensuring all tasks are performed in accordance with Weapons Engineering governance requirements in terms of process, format, quality including the necessary reviews and signatories.
* To complete all assigned work packages to agreed timescales and budget. Work Packages should not be undertaken without the knowledge and agreement of the Section Leader and an appropriate funding source.
* Have an awareness of the cost implications of own actions and seek to improve efficiency by questioning relevant processes and work methods.
* Implementation of effective data filing and traceability on a day to day basis.
* To work within the agreed Quality system identified for the work package they are undertaking.
EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND / KNOWLEDGE / QUALIFICATIONS:
Ø Educated to a Higher National Diploma (HND) and a willingness to complete part time education to a Degree Level in aerospace engineering or educated in a related technical field.
Ø Minimum of four years of experience in the technical discipline.
Ø Technical management experience, planning and control techniques would be advantageous.
Ø Knowledge of Typhoon or Tornado and its systems and/or solid background in aeronautical weapon systems interrelations and system integration.
The candidate should ideally possess a degree in a STEM subject or equivalent relevant experience.
A knowledge of Airborne Weapons is considered to be essential for the role.
An awareness of System Safety processes and Safety Management activities in a Weapons Integration context is considered to be essential for the role.
An understanding of lifecycle management and its application in a Weapons Integration environment is essential.
The candidate must be capable of engaging with our weapon suppliers, fostering positive relationships with MoD agencies and our UK and International Customers.
The candidate must have excellent Microsoft Office Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook skills and good project skills
Communication, Team Working, Motivation and presentational skills are Essential
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other