£45,000, 22 Days Holiday + Stats + Competitive Pension
Our client has been a key player within the plastics industry for over 50 years. Within this time, they’ve developed and manufactured innovative solutions within numerous industries including energy and power, water and gas. With an impressive team of over 7,000 across the globe, they are the first port of call when it comes to innovation, quality and safety within their field.
With a consistently growing database of clients, they are now looking to recruit a Quality Lab Manager to lead their dedicated quality and test laboratory. At Radius Systems, we strive to develop safe and quality polyethylene pip
The Quality Lab Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day activities of a small team and will take the lead in implementing CI activities, SOP’s and KPI’s in line with client and industry requirements.
Key responsibilities in the role are:
- Directly responsible for a team of 8 including Product Inspectors, QC’s & Calibration Engineers
- Ensuring communication between quality/testing and production is fluid to prevent bottlenecking
- Promoting a 5S/root cause mentality within the quality and testing departments
- Attending daily production meetings
- Holding daily quality meetings
- To escalate non-conformances of products to management
- Conduct audits of material and products
- Manage customer complaints
- Put in place cross training across both lab and testing areas to always ensure fully skilled cover
- Conduct staff appraisals & disciplinaries
- Manage rotas including holidays
- Ensure testing is conducted within timescales
You’ll be essentially walking into a blank slate with the opportunity to make your mark across an entire department. This role will suit a passionate Quality Lab Manager who is looking for the opportunity to really make a difference.
To be successful in your application for this Quality Lab Manager role you will need:
- A background within Quality and an understanding of a variety of quality tests
- Previous experience working to KPI’s and with root cause and an interest in implementing these processes
- Knowledge of plastics quality and testing including melt testing, stretch testing and granulation testing would be highly beneficial though not crucial
- People management skills
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work to strict timelines under pressure
- A background of making improvements with a record of achievement
- The desire to improve and impact upon a department and have autonomy in your role
- 22 Days + 8 Stats
- Competitive Company Pension
If you’re interested please apply online, send your CV to [email protected]
ATA Recruitment specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and general Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.
ATA is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation
Permanent, Full Time
Additional Salary Info
Pension + Benefits
- Industry Sector IT & Internet