Revenue & Customs Digital Technology Services (RCDTS) are working alongside HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) and implementing bold plans to transform our IT and digital services.
We are using digital services and smart data to help people deal with us effectively and efficiently, but also allows us to better identify the minority who seek to avoid or evade their taxes
Our IT infrastructure is one of the largest and most dynamic in Europe, and we are now one of the most digitally-advanced tax authorities in the world.
Duties will include:
- Manage the Release Calendar, which is the Forward Schedule aimed to provide a two-year view of all Releases, incoming New Services, KBE’s, major programmes.
- Manage the Release Requests and subsequent Release Records raised by projects and others to inform the Release Calendar
- Present an overview of new Release Requests for review and approval at the weekly Change and Release forum and liaise with Stakeholders to secure offline approval for Release Requests
- Attend monthly internal Service Review and support Release Manager Process Owner with Release Request process, weekly Change and Release Forum and Service Central Maintenance.
- Produce Service Measures for use in the monthly Internal Service Review
- To be able to effectively manage a major release, comprising of multiple releases simultaneously
- Change Management experience in a large complex organisation chairing multiple CABs and managing major integrated releases across different types of IT services and projects
- An extensive working knowledge of Change Management processes using ITIL framework.
- Good communication skills are critical – the job requires talking to people at all levels of the organisation
- Excellent organisation skills are required to co-ordinate and manage major releases, liaising with multiple stakeholders across multiple delivery areas.
- ITIL V4 Foundation Level or minimum of V3 Foundation level
- Knowledge of the HMRC environment, plus having engaged with the Change and Release Management Process would be an advantage
- Knowledge of End to End Change Management process in both traditional waterfall and Agile Dev Ops implementation approaches.
- Project planning and Release Management skills
- Working Knowledge of Change and Release Management Tools i.e. ServiceNow
CVs should clearly demonstrate how the candidate meets the essential criteria and qualifications stated above.
Applicants will be sifted based upon contents of the CV providing evidence of the essential criteria.
If you are successful at the sift stage, you will be invited to interview to demonstrate your suitability. Interviews may be held via Teams due to current COVID19 situation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We want to make sure no one is put at a disadvantage during our recruitment process because of a disability, condition, or impairment. To assist you with this, we will reduce or remove any barriers where possible and provide additional support where appropriate. Please see our Disability Matters: How we can support you during our selection process booklet for more details.
Applicants are encouraged to contact the recruitment manager who can forward any queries to the vacancy holder or can arrange for an informal discussion to understand the role better:
Amy Goulding – [email protected]
All applicants will need to provide proof that they have the right to work in the UK. Information on Right to Work legislation can be found at Right to Work in UK
We are committed to offering flexible working within our organisation. We will consider all requests to work part-time, flexibly or on a job-share basis. Please speak to the recruitment team or the hiring manager if you would like to discuss flexible working arrangements.
RCDTS is an office-based organisation committed to achieving the optimum work/life balance arrangements for staff. Where business requirements permit, we are fully supportive of a blend of home and office working.
A copy of the RCDTS Book of Benefits is attached to this job advert
If you are applying for a role in an office within a regional centre location or a transitional or specialist site, then the following may apply: Daily Travel Assistance will be available for this role, provided the successful applicant is a current RCDTS employee and meets the eligibility requirements outlined in the department’s Daily Travel Assistance guidance.
A reserve list may be created if suitable candidates are identified and will last for a period of 12 months.
HMRC’s Technology Sourcing Programme
HMRC faces a number of contract expiries combined with the need to re-balance control over its digital and technology capability to ensure HMRC can respond quickly and effectively to changing requirements and priorities.
This is a multi-year programme to transform how HMRC delivers and uses IT. The programme is in place to design and deliver the safe disaggregation, exit and transition of HMRC’s major IT contracts and stand-up new arrangements to deliver both IT run and change activity.
The programme will develop and implement a new technology supply chain model, protect live services, enable the department to remediate and prevent technical debt, reduce risk in our IT estate, improve cost effectiveness, provide flexibility and establish partnerships with suppliers to deliver innovation.
- What does this mean for RCDTS? - The programme is due to impact the services that RCDTS currently provides to HMRC. As a result, it is expected that some services currently provided by RCDTS will be delivered within HMRC in the future, and some services will instead be delivered by third party supplier partners. We expect this will mean that, in due course, some RCDTS colleagues will transfer to third party suppliers and other RCDTS colleagues will transfer to HMRC, under the ‘TUPE’ Regulations. RCDTS as a company is due to be closed down once these processes are concluded. There will be prior consultation with RCDTS employees, including via RCDTS’ Employee Forum, on the potential transfers due to result from TSP. More information will therefore be provided to staff before any changes take effect.
Once this job has closed, the job advert will no longer be available. You may want to save a copy for your records.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Public Sector & Services