Role: Plastics Fabricator
Location: West Cardiff
My client is a well-established specialist plastics fabricator, offering a range of manufacturing services that are suitable for both trade and direct customers. The business can machine, shape, glue, engrave and mould acrylic and other forms of plastic offering a wide range of products and materials.
They now have a great opportunity for a Plastic Fabricator to work as part of a supportive and friendly team where you will help implement the manufacture of a diverse range of products and component parts fabricated and finished on site. You will be provided with the opportunity to progress your career whilst collaborating with individuals who have a keen eye for detail and are driven by achieving high quality standards and efficiency measures.
What we ideally expect from you
- Experience of fabricating, assembly, reworking and repairing (e.g., woodworking or metal work) of a plastic product
- Ability to read and interpret blueprint, orders, and related documentation.
- Ability to lay out cutting lines on plastics materials.
- Experience of cutting materials to size, using shears, cutters, router, saw.
- Experience of using relevant power and hand tools, industrial adhesives/bonding agents, jigs, fixtures, precision instruments and operating oven to cure parts
- Understanding of industry standard design software such as Adobe Illustrator
- Ability to adapt to new techniques & machinery easily
Non-essential but advantageous requirements
- Experience of plastics fabrication
- Understanding of CAD and/or 3D object drawings (particularly engineering CAD files)
- Manual handling and abrasive wheels training
- Experience of a range of gluing techniques, polishing acrylic
- First Aid at work training
What you can expect from us
- 40 hour week
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- 20 days holidays, + Bank Holidays
- Working within a modern and Health & Safety compliant environment
- Eyesight care scheme
If you have the relevant experience, please get in touch with your up to date CV by applying within.
Fabricator, Plastics Fabricator, 3D CAD, Plastics Materials, Fabrication
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Media, New Media, Creative