- Ability to program , set and run a range of CNC turning centres/machines with Fanuc, Mazatrol, Heidenhain Controls
- Working largely unsupervised to own initiative in a busy machining shop.
- Able to understand engineering drawings in imperial and metric sizes
- Understanding drawing tolerances, geometric tolerances and surface finishes
- Ability to use measuring equipment such as micrometers, verniers, plug gauges, screw plugs, ring gauges.
- Comprehensive understanding of CNC programming structure using G code and a specific familiarity with Fanuc 21 iT type control panels.
- Be conversant with cutting a wide range of materials including Non Ferrous, Aluminium, Alloy Steels and others.
- Have a can-do attitude and ability to work well with others in a team environment
- Willing to work overtime when required to ensure customer requirements are achieved
- Willing to work shifts at short notice (currently days, two shift and three shift)
- Learning - willing to be trained in other machining/manufacturing processes and Robot fault finding/recovery procedures.
- Capable of passing on knowledge and training other team members
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other