This is the chance to join our content team at a crucial stage of our website redevelopment project. With 3.2 million visitors last year, our website is the public face of the Commission. We want to make sure it meets our users' needs and reflects our priorities.
You will work with the Website and Digital Content Manager and Content Designer to launch a user-focused website for the Commission.
You will be joining the team at an exciting time, as we finalise the redevelopment of our website, ready for launch. You will play an integral part in the last stages of this project.
You will be helping to migrate our content from our current website to the new, redeveloped site in a way that is accurate and timely. You will perform quality assurance checks on pages that have already been migrated.
You may need to field queries from internal colleagues and liaise with our external web developers. You will also need to be flexible in supporting the content team to complete the project, which could include administrative tasks, dealing with queries and making content amendments.
We are looking for someone with excellent attention to detail, who is able to work in a timely manner without compromising the quality of their work.
- working on the beta and launch stages of our website rebuild
- migrating pages from one site to another in an accurate and timely manner
- performing quality assurance checks on pages
- using our content audit spreadsheet to make sure all content is migrated effectively
- working with our external developers to report bugs and issues
- helping to deal with enquiries from internal and external stakeholders
- supporting the content team to complete the project.
Knowledge and skills
The professional skills required for this role are set out below:
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to effectively plan and prioritise your own work, while responding positively to the requirements of others
- Ability to deliver at pace, to tight deadlines
- Ability to use your own judgement to determine when to pass on or involve others in more complex queries or problems
- (Desirable) Basic awareness of website accessibility principles
- Experience of working with website content management systems (CMS) or content publishing systems (experience of Drupal would be an advantage but not essential)
- Experience of providing stakeholders (internal and external) with a courteous and professional service at all times, including receiving and responding to enquiries effectively and in a timely manner
- (Desirable) Experience of working in a content design or digital team
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other