- Inclusion Leader (SENDCo)
- Whole School Responsibilities
- Inclusive Jewish Primary School
- Leadership 1 - 3 or UPS 1 - 3
An inclusive, Jewish primary school in Barnet are seeking to appoint a dedicated and kind Inclusion Leader (SENDCo) to join their school in September 2022.The role
As the SENDCo you will be responsible for coordinating all the support for children with Special Educational Needs and or Disabilities (SEND) and developing the school’s SEND Policy to make sure all children get a consistent, high quality response to meeting their needs in school. You will be part of the School Leadership Team and take on whole school responsibilities.
The SENDCo is pivotal in making sure all pupils make progress and are supported and cared for appropriately across the whole school.
You role will include:
- Making sure that parents are involved in supporting their child’s learning including planning, regular information updates and reviews
- Liaising with outside agencies and support e.g. Speech and Language Therapy, Educational Psychologist, therapists etc.
- Updating the school’s SEND record of need and making sure that there are excellent records all pupil's progress and needs.
- Providing specialist support for teachers and support staff in the school
- Work alongside class teachers to write Personal Learning Plans (PLP) that specify the targets for individual pupils.
- Preparing Education, Health and Care Plans
- Organising training for staff so they are aware and confident about how to meet the needs of pupils within the school.
This one form entry school welcome children from across the Jewish community and of other faiths and communities. Their curriculum carefully blends key skills areas such as mathematics, English with Ivrit (modern Hebrew) with a wider knowledge base and understanding of Science, Jewish studies, humanities and the arts. The school is well-supported by the local community and pupils have a positive and proactive approach to learning. There is a dedicated leadership team in place and there are good opportunities for training and development.To apply for this role you must have the following:
- a minimum of 1 years' experience working in a school office
- Be extremely organised in administration
- Have a friendly and calm approach
- Be open to working in Jewish school
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Education