A industry leading and billion dollar automotive business are looking to partner with a well-versed Tooling Engineer. Their Pension Scheme of 7% as well as 30 days holiday (inc. BH's), Flexible Working Hours and many more benefits - make this a role not to be missed!
This is a versatile role that includes servicing and management of current tooling but also the introduction of new projects at our facility in Basingstoke. This role is 50% practical tool maintenance and 50% tooling management. This role will report to the Production Manager but will be working with an experienced team of professionals in all departments of the business including production, quality, purchasing, finance and warehouse. The successful candidate must be versatile and be a quick learner. Overall, this is a great opportunity for a work hungry individual from an engineering back ground looking for a role which will provide a mix of practical and project management style work in a plastic injection moulding factory that supplies the world’s largest automotive OEMs.
• We have a small tool workshop with the following equipment: Gantry Crane, Meusburger work bench, hand tools, ice cleaning equipment, ultrasonic baths. The successful candidate should have tool servicing experience and be prepared to carry out tool cleaning, tool maintenance, version changes and servicing.
• A lot of tool maintenance is subcontracted to a local tool maker. The successful candidate will manage this by tracking the usage of the tools and sending them out for maintenance as required. We have a production monitoring system and tooling database to track this which needs keeping up to date, therefore good IT skills are required.
• The successful candidate must have excellent communication skills as they will be expected to liaise with tool makers, hot runner and other ancillary equipment suppliers on service items and new product introductions.
• Manage new project introductions including tuning loops and tool modifications.
• Lead tooling feasibility meetings and support tool design/improvements/modification.
• Liaise with raw material suppliers on picking the right material for new projects.
• Continuous improvement activity.
• Managing contractors for onsite visits.
Beneficial skills and experience
• CAD • Excel • Maintenance • Robot programming • Injection mould tool change • Injection mould processing • Health and safety • Automotive • Tool making, service, maintenance • Mechanical engineering • Materials
HIT 'APPLY NOW' for more information
Permanent, Full Time
Additional Salary Info
Pension Scheme of 7% as well as 30 days holiday (inc. BH's), Flexible Working Hours and many more benefits
- Industry Sector Engineering, Utilities
HND/HNC or equivalent