Our Java Developers are computer programmers who are proficient with coding in Java. Your main responsibilities will include designing and implementing Java applications, developing and testing software, and resolving technical issues that arise.
· Designing and implementing Java-based applications
· Delivering high quality and efficient code
· Maintaining existing and developing new programs
· Contributing to the specification and creation of new developments
· Aligning application design with business goals
· Problem solving - debugging and resolving issues
· Producing detailed design documentation
· Recommending changes to existing Java infrastructure
· Ensuring continuous professional self-development
Having more than 25 years' experience in the retail software industry, developing and delivering retail applications for hundreds of businesses. Through our innovation and investment, we continue to shape the future of retailing. You'll find us right across the UK, in our offices in Waterlooville, Newcastle-under-Lyme and Hull, with our digital agency based in Leicester. We also have a dedicated team of industry experts operating in the USA. In 2020 we became part of the ClearCourse group of companies to further grow our product set and provide richer integrated solutions for the markets that we operate within.
Our products service clients in the Membership Services, Business Services, Events & Leisure, Retail and Payments Solutions industries. Our solutions help organisations become more efficient, effective and profitable, and achieve their goals by providing them with technology platforms that integrate seamlessly with the most popular CRM, event management and marketing automation platforms.
Required Skills / Experience:
· 2 or more years commercial experience of Java 8+
· RESTful APIs (JSON/XML)
· SQL / relational databases
· ORMs (JDO/JPA)
· Unit testing - JUnit / Mockito
· Experience in Retail / EPOS
· Innovation New ideas and approaches are the key to success. Our brands are problem solvers that will always work with you to find the best solutions for your business.
· Communication We understand that communication is critical to building successful enterprises, so we're available to our brands and their clients when they need us.
· Teamwork Working together is the key to success. Our internal team and brands are partners that collaborate closely to achieve great things.
· Transparency We are transparent in our approach. From the acquisition process to working with our brands and their clients.
· Integrity We pride ourselves on our integrity. Everything we do is to benefit our brands and their customers.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other