Senior Associate - Digital Communications
Manage the day-to-day website content, layout and functionality, working with teams across Ofwat to publish documents online and update pages.
Work with Ofwat's website agency and Digital Communications colleagues to maintain and improve key website sections.
Manage Ofwat's social media accounts and support our strategic approach to tackling disinformation. Create and deliver high quality social media content and plans for campaigns, announcements and report publication, with key audience groups in mind, including water customers. This also includes paid-for social media advertising.
Use social media analysis tools and reporting to inform our communications work and to support a wider data-driven approach to digital communications.
Delivering reporting activities, including digital campaign evaluation, to inform our content across website and social media, with insights for improvement.
Deliver work using additional digital tools, including email newsletters and other bulk emails.
Champion Ofwat's brand and visual identity, embed our new narrative and tone of voice across our digital channels and ensure that content meets current accessibility guidelines and incorporates the new branding.
Build constructive, collaborative relationships with colleagues across Ofwat. Support and advise the Communications team and the wider organisation about digital and social media best practice, keeping ahead of digital and social media trends, implementing effective strategic communications across Ofwat.
A creative, innovative approach; play a key role in bringing fresh thinking and ideas to help amplify Ofwat's digital impact.
Experience and Knowledge
- Developing and writing multi-channel campaigns including social media, website and video content
- Co-ordinating and managing digital content contributions from individuals, both within and external to organisations
- Ability to horizon scan and identify potential issues and challenges in the external environment and develop appropriate responses
- Experience of using digital and social media to achieve set goals/objectives
- Managing and creating website content, navigation and architecture. Experience of using common website content management systems, preferably Wordpress
- Measuring and reporting the performance of digital campaigns, with insights for improvement
- Experience of managing social media content, including social media management tools, such as Orlo
- Creating effective paid-for social media adverts
- Able to conduct image research and selection for web and social media
- Being creative and have an innovative approach
Skills and behaviours
- Digital tools, including: Social media channels, including Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube
- Using a CMS, preferably WordPress
- Google Analytics and social media analytics tools
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other