Position Design Manager
Salary £60k - £65K + Bonus + generous benefits package
An exciting opportunity as one of UK’s largest main contractors is looking to recruit a Design Manager to lead a commercial fit out project in Leeds. A highly successful company working on some of the UK’s most prestigious construction projects with an annual turnover more than £1bn and over 2000 employees nationwide.
You will be working on large office fit out project value of £10m, experience working on Fit out projects previously is essential. We are accepting applications from established Design Manager with experience working for main contractors. This role involves travelling to sites so you will need to be able to drive.
Key Accountabilities will include:
- Lead the Design management duties on project from inception through to completion
- Produce and negotiate the project specific designer agreements scope of works and the design management plan, ensuring they are agreed and fully understood by all parties
- Ensure the project design is reviewed, mitigating Health & Safety issues
- Produce & manage a realistic design programme & information required schedule satisfying design, procurement & construction requirements
- Provide input into the design team PDR's
- Support the implementation of Continuous Improvement programmes and innovation.
- The Successful individual will have worked for a main contractor previously on fit out projects previously.
- It is recommended that they are working towards Professional Membership and professional qualifications in Building or Design relevant to the business stream.
- The individual will have been the lead design Manager on projects previously and will have experience taking projects from inception through to completion.
The Plus Points
This is a great opportunity to further your career with this leading main contractor and work in a stable environment. Long term career prospects are on offer for the successful applicant along with a generous remuneration
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Construction
Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)