This senior role will play a vital part in the overall success of our clients busy frameworks with Severn Trent Water and you will be joining a well-established team with a great reputation in the UK Water Sector. The role has 3 to 6 Contract/Project Manager direct reports and up to 12 indirect Site Manager reports and extended teams. The role will look after projects with an annual value of up to £25m with projects varying in size/scale.
- Lead a multi-disciplined team of professional staff, skilled trades and semi-skilled operatives.
- Work collaboratively in a management team alongside the Commercial Manager and Design Manager.
- Provide direction to the team through Contracts Managers, Project Managers.
- Develop and implement plans to deliver performance and drive continuous improvement.
- Motivate and manage individuals using a mixture of formal procedures and informal methods.
- Assess staff performance and undertake reviews with direct reports to drive improvement in individual performance.
- Identify poor performers. Develop and implement improvement or exit plans.
- Identify talent within your team and ensure that potential is realised.
- Deploy resources and move between projects as appropriate to deliver results.
- Forecast future staff and labour needs.
- Become the established first point of contact for clients.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients' Senior Managers.
- Deliver a first-class service to clients and implement actions through the team to excel in KPI's or other client metrics.
- Understand client's businesses and seek opportunities for further workload.
- Be a health and safety role model
- Be a role model for the companies 'cost and efficiency strategy' and assist in its development and implementation.
- Deliver acceptable gross margin from contracts.
- Work with Commercial Manager to ensure sustainable returns from clients.
- Accurately forecast future revenue from existing projects and clients.
- Identify problem areas and exploit opportunities where these become apparent and implement actions through the team to deliver or exceed budget expectations.
- Drive teams to deliver projects with pace and beat programmes
- Utilise management information (audits, KPI's, Reports, incident data etc.) to identify concerns and implement actions or initiatives to drive improvement.
- Have experience in delivering D&B projects for large national client organisations and around live production facilities.
- Have experience in delivering water, wastewater and civil projects.
- Have a proven track record of driving safety excellence across all forms of delivery.
- Be highly organised and able to manage time and workload effectively.
- Good IT skills
- Excellent communication skills and confidence to work closely with clients
- Full clean driving licence
- Salary dependant on experience
- 26 days holiday plus bank holidays with the option to buy and carry over
- Flexible pension contributions up to 5% employee 10% employer
- Life assurance of 4 x salary
- Income protection
- Private medical insurance
- Health cash plan
- Car benefit (subject to role)
- Annual professional institution subscription costs
- Career and professional development opportunities
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other