Report to: Sustainable Transport Highway Manager
Act as the Project Manager to deliver a programme of flood alleviation and environmental improvement schemes in and around the areas of Highgate, Crouch End, Hornsey, and St Anns in Haringey, including the engagement of specialist's consultants, assessment and option studies, detailed design, cost plans, contract documentation, tender procurement and works implementation. Total value of the works is currently estimated to be more than £2,000,000 including all professional services fees.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To manage the appointed specialist's consultants throughout the term of their appointment, ensuring that all works being provided are in accordance with the project brief.
- Prepare feasibility report for the Client in order to seek approval to proceed to the next stage of the project, detailed design.
- Prepare detailed design report for the Client in order to seek approval to proceed to contract documentation and tendering.
- Ensure that all project milestones dates and requirements are meet.
- Produce monthly project Highlight Reports for Client reporting purposes and reporting to the project board.
- Produce and update as required the project programme.
- Ensure that all works are carried out in accordance with the CDM Regulations 2015.
- Working with the project cost consultant produce project cost plans and reports as required.
- Liaise with all internal stakeholders and Departments within Haringey as necessary to obtain all necessary agreements and permissions to ensure the delivery of the project.
- Liaise with all external stakeholders and Statutory Authorities as necessary to obtain all necessary agreements and permissions to ensure the delivery of the project.
- To work with the Authorities internal Procurement Team to establish the most economical and advantageous method of procuring the repair works.
- Working with the design team produce and provide all contract documents and drawings necessary to facilitate the tendering of the construction works.
- Prepare Cabinet Reports seeking approval to award contract.
- Attend meetings as and when necessary including Council Cabinet evening meetings.
- Ensure compliance with the Authorities Standing Orders.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Project Management qualification either Prince 2 or APM or 5 years relevant experience.
- Civil Engineering Degree or minimum of 5 years relevant experience.
- Knowledge of bridge and highway design standards, specifications and CDM Regulations.
- Broad knowledge of civil engineering, cost estimating, financial control, programming and contracts (ICC, NEC and TCT).
- Ability to work in partnership internally and externally with team members, consultants, contractors and other organisations.
- Ability to communicate effectively within all mediums.
- Ability to demonstrate continual improvement in the role and to the wider organisation.
- Ability to manage several projects at once under budgetary and time constraints.
- Good project management skills.
- Proficient in the use of basic computer software, word, excel, office outlook MS project, autocad etc.
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other