- Job Description
- Your main responsibilities as Safety, Heath & Environmental Associate - Operations will involve:
- As a BAE Systems SHE Associate, you will be responsible for providing competent and professional safety, health and environmental advice and support to our business operations which could typically comprise 300+ employees with diverse safety, health and environmental risks to manage.
- Your skills and qualifications as a Safety, Heath & Environmental Associate - Operations:
- You will hold the NEBOSH Certificate in Occupational Safety & Health and working towards the NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Safety & Health (or equivalent). Qualifications and/or working experience in the area of Occupational Hygiene or Environmental Management would also be a distinct advantage
- You will be an excellent communicator at all levels, and be able to adapt your communication style to fit the audience.
- You will have excellent presentation skills, and have experience running meetings.
- Experience in a SHE role would be desirable
- Be responsible for managing your own workload; this will include a number of Site projects spanning across the businesses.
- Involvement in planning and supporting emergency exercises, as well as a number of other tasks to support Upper Tier CoMAH status.
- You will be required to support the Site SHE reviews, as well as day to day site management, scorecards, statistics, incident logs, presentation packs, associate meetings etc.
- Leading on accident/incident analysis and assurance activity, along with a wide variety of related tasks that fall within this diverse role.
- Monitoring of contractor performance in line with their risk assessments and method statements will also form a key element of the role.
- Additionally you will be involved the in implementation and maintenance of the SHE Management System (Certified to ISO45001, ISO14001 and ISO50001) within your business operation, leading on risk assessment, accident/incident analysis and assurance activity, along with a wide variety of related tasks that fall within this diverse role.
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other